Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel repair in Dallas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had any luck with wheel repair / retouching in Dallas? Got a bit of "rash" on both front and rear pax side wheels. Looking for a recommendation on somone who has worked on a tesla style coated/painted wheet before.

Was driving to work this morning and testing out autopilot on my 6 day old car only to have it drive me straight into a curb. Before diving into a diatribe on me, I know:

1. Autopilot isn't meant for non-divided highways but I'm still trying to learn about it and how it reacts to different situations so I can feel comfortable on the highway. Was using responsibilty with both hands on the wheel and able to immediately take over but it just darted into the curb faster than I could pull it away. I immeidately recovered and didn't sustain any other damage. We were going under the speed limit ~30 in a 35 slowing to a red light with cars in front.

2. The 21" wheels are a money pit and doomed for hazard disaster. I read all the warnings and recommendations away from them but love the look and decided to do it anyway so am willing to deal with the consequences. Wasn't expecting at mile 100 but figured this would come up at some point so no need to drag me through the coals...

image1.JPG
image2.JPG