Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Repair - Sydney

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to share this experience not because I'm happy with the result, but because just how familiar and prepared the repairer was with Teslas.

I'd scuffed the front wheel trying to swing close to the boom gate tap in, and it was annoying me every time I that I looked at. See below.

IMG_0224.jpg

I arranged a time for Ben from Platinum Wheel repairs to come out to do the job. He shows up and immediately chocks the other wheel and asks me to put the car into tow mode. He pulls out a jack and when I asked him if I could share a puck with him, "no need thanks I've got my own".

IMG_0237.jpg

The final result, I can't spot the difference but also happy that I didn't have to explain to him "with a Tesla blah blah".

IMG_0238.jpg

Thanks for this, it's most helpful. After only two weeks, we've managed to scratch two wheels! One was a light scrape when trying to park close to the gutter but the other looks like little chunks have been taken out.

How much did your guy cost? Just had a wheel repaired with Pro Auto Repairs and it also went pretty well, was about $160 for a rash similar to yours in size but on a 19".

Now I take my turns veeerry wide..

I wanted to share this experience not because I'm happy with the result, but because just how familiar and prepared the repairer was with Teslas.

I'd scuffed the front wheel trying to swing close to the boom gate tap in, and it was annoying me every time I that I looked at. See below.

View attachment 851907

I arranged a time for Ben from Platinum Wheel repairs to come out to do the job. He shows up and immediately chocks the other wheel and asks me to put the car into tow mode. He pulls out a jack and when I asked him if I could share a puck with him, "no need thanks I've got my own".

View attachment 851911

The final result, I can't spot the difference but also happy that I didn't have to explain to him "with a Tesla blah blah".

View attachment 851912
If you don’t mind, are you able to share what this cost?

$130 inc GST for the wheel in the photo.

He works by you SMSing him a photo of the wheel and where you'd like him to go in order to do the repair (to make sure it's within his service area), and he replies back with a quote for your damage.

Reactions: Miku