Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel repair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I touched it up with the paint that @TT97 recommended. It's not perfect, but it's a lot less noticeable, and I no longer cringe every time I walk up to my car.

Lyu6Yy0.jpg

Reactions: TT97
For that small ding I would personally go with the touch up paint for now. Save the full on repair for when you curb it real good and do some real damage.

However if you do decide to get it repaired professionally there are a few places that can do the job as mentioned in this thread already. They should be able to fix it so that you cant tell it ever happened. Not sure how (adding metal or just smoothing it out) but they do it.

Except when parking in a dark alley at night....:(. That's what happened to me. Didn't see the curb - and it curved outwards towards the street when I smacked it.

Right, of course.. night time. Dark. Sucks.

If only the reverse lights were actually bright enough to illuminate the area that could've helped you spot the curb using the side mirror! As they are, the reverse lights basically only serve a purpose of "reversing indicators" telling people behind you that you're in R.

Reactions: Hans L
I was in a similar situation as you. Tesla sent me to Pios Wheels to repair the wheels and was quoted around $250 for a scratch way smaller than yours. I had never heard of them but I knew in the back of my mind it would never be good as new. I took my 3 into Santa Clara service center and they fully replaced the wheel with a brand new one for $412 out the door. Money well spent for a piece of mind and I recouped some of my money selling the used wheel on CL.
How much is the new wheel for the refreshed Model X?

I've damaged mine twice - same wheel and same spot (after it was repaired the first time ugh). I used a local guy in San Diego. Did a phenomenal job - cannot tell at all. Ground it down, blended the damage, painted it - all in a parking lot at work. ~ $150/wheel each time. Learning to be super careful when parking. The rear pass wheel is hard to see/gauge when near a curb.

I’m in San Diego can you please recommend the business? My wheal needs to be repaired for the same issue.

Here in Chicagoland I just had both of my nearside rims repaired via my Tesla SC.

I just scheduled it as "something else" through the app, arrived at 8am and was out by 9:30 at a cost of $100 per wheel.

They contact the work out to somebody of course, but it was dead handy having it all done at the SC while I worked from the lobby.

Let me announce my joining of the club. Turned a little too tight entering the street where I live. Dumass me. There is a shop in walking distance from me that not only does the repairs but is Tesla certified and a member of the Tesla owners club. He says he does a lot of Teslas. Mostly color changes and such but a share of dings like mine.

$150.00 USD

Do I get the award for the best scrape?

IMG_0233.jpeg

Reactions: DocHolliday
Let me announce my joining of the club. Turned a little too tight entering the street where I live. Dumass me. There is a shop in walking distance from me that not only does the repairs but is Tesla certified and a member of the Tesla owners club. He says he does a lot of Teslas. Mostly color changes and such but a share of dings like mine.

$150.00 USD

View attachment 854197
I've seen a lot worse - full 360-degree scuffage in fact.

But that's on random cars in a parking lot, so I couldn't tell if they did the whole 360-degree scuff in one incident or are just constantly banging them off of curbs.

$150.00 USD

View attachment 854197
I can hear the crunching noise just looking at that picture!