Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel size setting vs rated range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding was that changing the wheel size on the service menu affects the displayed rated range. On my 2019 SR+, there is no change in rated range when I change the wheel size...so what gives?

It's only for 2020 Performance vehicles so far. And probably it will remain limited to those vehicles, since that's the only situation where there is a specific EPA result callout based on wheel size.

It would be cool for them to adjust all vehicles (since it would align better with the trip planner - when you choose a different wheel configuration it DOES impact the trip planner, since it makes that assertion when you change wheel configuration - larger wheels are assumed to be less efficient), but I doubt they will adjust the actual displayed rated range to be closer to "reality."

Ah, that makes sense. Man, all the different iterations and now model year differences must be a real bear for the software development team to keep track of.

It's only for 2020 Performance vehicles so far. And probably it will remain limited to those vehicles, since that's the only situation where there is a specific EPA result callout based on wheel size.

It would be cool for them to adjust all vehicles (since it would align better with the trip planner - when you choose a different wheel configuration it DOES impact the trip planner, since it makes that assertion when you change wheel configuration - larger wheels are assumed to be less efficient), but I doubt they will adjust the actual displayed rated range to be closer to "reality."