Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheel Spacers Fitment for Model X with factory 22inch Turbine Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree, I was going for the "aftermarket-scream". Just wanted to be a little different.

Also, I wanted to widen the stance without having to use spacers.
Are those staggered? What are the width measurements of the front and the back? Do the front rub at all when you turn? Thanks! Trying to buy forged after markets but don’t know what width to go with to avoid rubbing on front. Was thinking 10.5 on back 9.5 on front.

Last edited:
Did anyone ever figure out a good spacer brand/setup for the model X in Factory 22’s?

i second the notion that aftermarket wheels look cheesy on the X. I’ve run fully modified setups with three piece HREs and 3k suspensions. But the X looks best to me on stock turbines. The wheels are just too damn anorexic! Need spacers ASAP.

Last edited:
Here’s my setup with 20mm spacers all the way around. Love the look, but definitely affects range.
7CEC25B8-5D30-4D90-B2C7-B0173A42D68B.jpeg
7ADD082D-35EC-4A29-A330-7860B98DD0F9.jpeg
E601FF1D-D6E9-4B22-B87F-C5D1C4E06845.jpeg

Purchased at
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech, based out of Reno, NV I believe. They custom build them so it takes a few weeks, but highly recommended.

This is what my invoice indicates:

5x120 Bolt Pattern, 64.1 Hub. Design3 Aluminum, Silver Billet Finish, Thickness=20mm (0.79in)

I don’t have specific range loss estimates, I guess it could have been due to other factors. Either way, worth it IMHO.

Purchased at
Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech, based out of Reno, NV I believe. They custom build them so it takes a few weeks, but highly recommended.

5x120 Bolt Pattern, 64.1 Hub. Design3 Aluminum, Silver Billet Finish, Thickness=20mm (0.79in)

I don’t have specific range loss estimates, I guess it could have been due to other factors. Either way, worth it IMHO.

and in the snow, are these any good?

Purchased at

Thanks for the info!

Purchased at

only other question from my side is: 20mm eats up a fair amount of the bolt thread. did you have to get this addressed or do the standard lugs have enough thread left to properly seat/torque?

the 22's look great pushed out a bit more; which has me thinking too. i assume the air suspension will auto adjust to ensure no rubbing.

Here's a good xplainer vid:

thanks for sharing! That helped a lot. Looks like 20mm in the rear works well but going with 10 or 15mm is a wiser choice for the front to avoid any rubbing at all when turning.

Also I couldn’t tell from the video but do at what torque specs do you seat the spacers with those nuts? It makes sense that the spacers actually have the additional length of the lugs to accommodate the 20mm push out.

Thanks for the info!
Purchased at

Just ordered mine today. Lenny, the owner was very informative and great to deal with. He states that with 20mm all around, there is no need to modify original lugs. Should deliver within 2-3 weeks. Will post some pictures once installed.

Just ordered mine today. Lenny, the owner was very informative and great to deal with. He states that with 20mm all around, there is no need to modify original lugs. Should deliver within 2-3 weeks. Will post some pictures once installed.

excellent! yeah, take some pics. i won't be installing mine until i put my 22s back on in the spring time - doubt i will run them with my 20s for the winter.

torque the nuts that seat the spacers to 140 (found that out today too).