Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheelchair in Plaid Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

UncaNed

Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2015
East coast
6-seat Plaid X owners, how much distance is there, at most, between the rear of the driver's seat and the front of the second row seat?

I've no problem stowing my manual wheelchair (wheels intact) over the folded seats in the second row of my 2018 Model X 5-seater. Yes, it's much easier than it sounds, twisting around and stowing my wheelchair from the driver's seat for almost 4 glorious years so far!!

But they changed my new Plaid X order to 6-seat; the second row does not fold down. I'd take a Sawzall to the whole second and third rows so it would have just open room in back, but I'm pretty sure the software would sense something amiss and I'd never be able to update the software again, (not to mention other issues)...

Any fellow wheelchair guys perhaps have any thoughts or advice on how we're going to stow a wheelchair in back of a Plaid model X 6-seater?

I'll hate to refuse delivery of my new Plaid X whenever it actually turns up because of wheelchair issues.

And please, nobody re-post the video of the crazy gizmo that moves a wheelchair out the back, around the side, and up to the driver's door while blocking up 90% off the rear of the car from ever serving any other useful purposes ever.

• Love
Reactions: scottf200
6-seat Plaid X owners, how much distance is there, at most, between the rear of the driver's seat and the front of the second row seat?

I've no problem stowing my manual wheelchair (wheels intact) over the folded seats in the second row of my 2018 Model X 5-seater. Yes, it's much easier than it sounds, twisting around and stowing my wheelchair from the driver's seat for almost 4 glorious years so far!!

But they changed my new Plaid X order to 6-seat; the second row does not fold down. I'd take a Sawzall to the whole second and third rows so it would have just open room in back, but I'm pretty sure the software would sense something amiss and I'd never be able to update the software again, (not to mention other issues)...

Any fellow wheelchair guys perhaps have any thoughts or advice on how we're going to stow a wheelchair in back of a Plaid model X 6-seater?

I'll hate to refuse delivery of my new Plaid X whenever it actually turns up because of wheelchair issues.

And please, nobody re-post the video of the crazy gizmo that moves a wheelchair out the back, around the side, and up to the driver's door while blocking up 90% off the rear of the car from ever serving any other useful purposes ever.
I cannot answer your specific question but you can semi-permanently remove either of the two captains chairs.

Some folks have done it on YouTube for camping purposes.

• Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed

Perhaps you could fit it between the two 'captain' seats. Many of us put a large fridge there.

HXxZScq.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed