TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheeling, WV Supercharger

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by RomainiacWV, Mar 22, 2014.

Tags:
  1. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

There is a new dot in the coming soon section showing a dot in what appears to be Wheeling. anyone know anything about this ?

2. 772

772 Member

JakeP, via the crew constructing the Cranberry Twp, PA SC, confirmed these will be installed in Triadelphia, WV and, IIRC, the Cranberry crew would head there next. Exact location has not been confirmed yet, but there was some speculation it would be in the Highlands shopping complex. Makes sense to me.

3. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Actually the Cranberry crew did not win the bid, I found out on Friday. But it is Triadelphia, I am not certain that it is up by Cabelas, but that was my best guess from what I heard.

4. 772

772 Member

Ah, thanks. I guess that opens up the question again about when work will start there. Hopefully soon!

5. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

Awesome, thanks for the replies. highlands will be a perfect location for an SC, that has to be where it is going, there is nothing else in Triadelphia worthy of a site. Grew up in Wheeling. cannot believe they are adding one of these here so soon. I suppose it makes the Columbus--Pitt trip possible, but would have thought they'd put one in Cambridge first, get two highways for one. Must be getting favorable lease terms from someone in the Highlands. Anyone know how the lease terms are generally arranged?

6. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

#6 JakeP, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    Yes, I think the lease is what drives everything. Cambridge has less space and parking than Highlands, perhaps that makes it an easier sell. Though both Cambridge and Dayton are still on the map, but Columbus no longer is. I found that odd, as it hurts the Cincy to Cleveland route.

Now I need the one in Morgantown, so I can go flyfishing for Brookies in the Savage River Basin in MD.

7. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

If any of you head south on 77 in WV please drop Tamarack a note asking about a charger. I have even offer to pay $1k for a 70 amp j1772 but have not gotten them to bite.

8. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

tamarack is such a natural place for a charger or SC, need Wytheville and Staunton too. I live 5 mins off the split in Charleston, WV and have a HPWC and 50 amp if anyone needs it ever. such a tough stretch of road without more charging.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in for a financially supported charger at Tamarack if you can get them to bite. I will ask to speak to manager next time down there.

9. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Thank you! We prefer to head up 19 to Sutton where they have NEMA 14-50 just off of 79. But Tamarack would be SO convenient. I have called and sent 2 emails but a visit would likely help far more as would a dozen of us asking for a 70-80 amp option. Then everyone can possibly charge and it is a nice place to kill an hour or so.

10. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

Jake, Morgantown does have some free public charging at the Farmers Market downtown, I've used it. also, Mitsubishi there was very helpful and allowed me to charge as well. Don't know where you go in the savage river basin but can't you use Somerset,Pa and then just head south into Garrett Co. From there? Agree about Columbus however, the two cities are only 250 miles apart. tesla has like 12 HPWCs at Easton and SC there, that is plenty to make the trip. Easy drive, I've actually done it, very flat, get great range on it. Glad they are focusing on rural highway connectors. Need some down in southern WV and Western VA.

11. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Good point, now that Somerset is online, I can definitely go there and hit 219 down to MD. Definitely would like some coverage down in WV and Western VA also, so I could explore streams down there!

12. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

From talking with some Tesla people yesterday, Newscutter and I surmised that construction has begun in Triadelphia, WV. At the very least, the rep was communicating directly with someone in Triadelphia about the rainy weather yesterday.

Is there anyone closer than me who can go check it out? I am about an hour away. But I will be 2/3 of the way down there today for my kid's lacrosse game, perhaps I will work in a scouting mission.

13. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Any luck from this location?

14. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Sorry our LAX game was canceled due to t-storms, I never made it down there. We need to find out what establishment it is near, so we can just call and ask for updates!

15. RomainiacWV

RomainiacWV Member

My parents live there, they are up at the shopping area every day or so, I'll have them scout em' out. Report back when I hear something.

16. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Excellent RomainiacWV! Look for big wooden crates with red Tesla logos, impossible to miss.

17. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Have your folks seen any movement yet?

18. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Just found them. At the Hampton Inn.

Transformer coming on the 21st, testing to follow.

9e8evagy.jpg

19. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Is this the place? Google Maps: Hampton Inn Wheeling

I-70 getting worked from both ends. Nice!

20. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028