Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels and Tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the stock 20" wheels powder coated in gloss black. I love the look of the 22" wheels, but where I live they would not last long.

Also had the windows tinted and the top 1/2 of the windshield tinted (mainly to see if it will help reduce heat this summer in the Texas sun).

Next step will be a chrome delete of the window trim and door handles.

Loving this Model X. One week old today and I'm just shy of 1,000 miles.

IMG_3902.jpg

Reactions: Ryshaw and RoBoRaT
Had the stock 20" wheels powder coated in gloss black. I love the look of the 22" wheels, but where I live they would not last long.

Also had the windows tinted and the top 1/2 of the windshield tinted (mainly to see if it will help reduce heat this summer in the Texas sun).

Next step will be a chrome delete of the window trim and door handles.

Loving this Model X. One week old today and I'm just shy of 1,000 miles.

View attachment 496455

Nice!

How's the look on that top 1/2 tint? I'm thinking doing the same for summer sun.
Can you please post some picture as seen from inside the cabin? Thanks.

Reactions: Justicepool
Sure, I'll get a picture from inside. I was a little worried the line where I had the tint stopped would be distracting, but its not at all. I am very pleased. I've had my last few vehicles windshields tinted 100%, but there is always a little distortion with the full windshield tinted, not much, but enough to know its there.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
I just got my wife 2020 model X blue LR with 22" wheels. Took it to get clear bra and tint. They did the whole windshield. I asked about the ghosting issues. They said it was with 3M tint, but they only use Xpel tint for this windshield and for many customers and none have had the issue. So far, it has been fine with ours also.

Beautiful car and modes. I had got my front sides tinted, but was a little hesitant on the top. Also most tint shops do not recommend the top because of the electrical wire/cover that comes down to the mirror. Did your tint work around the electrical cover or did they remove any of the parts?

I am also getting my stock 20's powder coated gloss black next week.