Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels for dual motor performance motors question?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have my config all set and just need to pay my 2500 so deciding between color and options and trying to not to drop 77k.

Question does dual motors come with a different wheel other then the 18in rims. on the line under 18in it says 20inch standard..... ???but doesn't change car itself pic. This is before the option for 5k for performance package.

thanks ahead of time, who would have thought buying a car online would be so hard. LOL

NOPE, that does not exactly sound right... ;-)
I call it Performance Squared.

We are also told that there are suspension changes of some kind. It way or may not be that one link that adjusts camber for the 20-inch wheels. Or maybe the mind-hive has found more info there, I've been away from Tesla news this week.
I can't type P² on my laptop without using the charmap. =(

From the compositor pictures, all Performance models sit lower than non-performance so it may not be tied only to the 20" package, but that could just be incomplete info for their UX/Web team, who knows.

thanks guys, I agree 5k buys a lot of different rims :) Just seems crazy for 16k you get the performance upgrades For 11k they couldn't throw in better rims even it was just the 19inch. Then RED or Blue or midnight silver is next choice... leaning towards red since my 650 is metallic blue

Reactions: e-FTW
thanks guys, I agree 5k buys a lot of different rims :) Just seems crazy for 16k you get the performance upgrades For 11k they couldn't throw in better rims even it was just the 19inch. Then RED or Blue or midnight silver is next choice... leaning towards red since my 650 is metallic blue
Just saw a few red Model 3s in full sun today, and they rock. Am going with that!
The red calipers and red badge underline would look nice on another color, but that is fine.