TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wheels for Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by volkerbradley, Sep 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. volkerbradley

volkerbradley Member

Could you help me choose the wheels for my Model X?
    I prefer the 20 inch wheels but I see that there are two types of wheels available. I have included a picture of the wheels that I see on the configurator.
    Model X 20 inch wheels.png
    Which one of these wheels would you choose? Why?
    Thanks.

2. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I chose the 22" since it will cost the same to get 22" or 20". This way we have the option of selling the 22" and putting it toward some 20" or using the 22" for the summer and switching to 20" winters.

looks-wise, the 22" hands down IMO.

3. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Agree 22" are the best looking of the two. I should think the 20" tire would be cheaper and maybe give a more comfortable ride.

4. jdb

jdb Member

Having the larger 21" on the Sig MS for past 34,000 miles, will go with the larger 22". More expensive to replace, don't last as long, but look better and great traction and cornering ability.

5. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I'd love to go with the 22 but one trip on the BQE in NYC would just kill 'em, so 20" it is for me.

Back to the OP, I think he's deciding between two different 20-inch wheels. They look pretty similar to me, but I think I'd lean toward the ones on the right as they look more like a turbine (so the wind through the wheels can recharge the battery). :)

6. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

#6 ptsagcy, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015