Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels for Stock Model 3 Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Michelin X-Ice XI3 235/45R18 XL 98H that I have are listed on the Michelin site as weighing 23.15 lb which is 2 pounds lighter than the MXM4 so my assumption that the tires are similar weight is incorrect. The MXM4 was straight off the car and may have had some dirt and small rocks imbedded in the tread while the X-Ice were fresh and uninstalled. Both had TPMS (Stock had Tesla TPMS, R187 had generic TPMS). The R187 had the Tesla center cap installed in it. All told, with the crude measurement I did on the one pair of tires, the R187 seem to be somewhere around 3 lb per wheel heavier if given the same tire. For my purposes the R187 plus XI3 was close enough to the stock rims plus aero caps plus MXM4 to not worry that much.

Per Tire Rack, a Tesla oem acoustic MXM4 is 25lbs. So the stock tire and rim combo should be around 47lbs rounded up. This is without the aero covers. With the covers it should be around 48lbs.

R187 plus MXM4s should be 54lbs based on spec weights.

That makes more sense, the R187's are around 7lbs. heavier per wheel. Considering the Aero wheels can easily be run with or without the covers on, and they actually look pretty nice either way, it makes no sense to compare a non-Aero wheel weight to the Aero's with the covers on. That's not apples to apples.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
For those of you who ordered wheels online, where did you go to get the tires installed and balanced? I'm just imagining getting dirty looks walking into Kal Tire with my own wheels and tires. :) Also curious how much it costs. On another note, I'm now considering Fast FC04 (Titanium) wheels after seeing another thread about them. They're relatively light (19.4lbs) and I'm liking the look of them.

For those of you who ordered wheels online, where did you go to get the tires installed and balanced? I'm just imagining getting dirty looks walking into Kal Tire with my own wheels and tires. :) Also curious how much it costs. On another note, I'm now considering Fast FC04 (Titanium) wheels after seeing another thread about them. They're relatively light (19.4lbs) and I'm liking the look of them.

i'm looking for wheels too. I contacted Kal Tire and they are charging $240 per wheel for the R187 and $260 for the Fast FC04 before installation costs and TPMS.

Parts Engine seems to be the cheapest right now at $180 per wheel.

i'm looking for wheels too. I contacted Kal Tire and they are charging $240 per wheel for the R187 and $260 for the Fast FC04 before installation costs and TPMS.

Parts Engine seems to be the cheapest right now at $180 per wheel.

I just received mine from WheelWiz for the same but with a $20.00 discount

Subtotal $699.96
Discount (Replika20)-$20.00
HST (13%) $88.39
Tax$88.39
Grand Total$768.35

Ordered Friday, Arrived Monday.
Ordered TPMS from EBay on Sunday and they are set to arrive early next week. USPS takes about a week to walk them from Michigan to Toronto.

I also just weighed the rim and it looks like the Replika site is pretty accurate. They've got it at 26.2 and I show 26.4.

If you want lighter weight with a similar look for slightly cheaper - check this thread out.

IMG_20190319_140051 (1).jpg

I just received mine from WheelWiz for the same but with a $20.00 discount

Subtotal $699.96
Discount (Replika20)-$20.00
HST (13%) $88.39
Tax$88.39
Grand Total$768.35

Ordered Friday, Arrived Monday.
Ordered TPMS from EBay on Sunday and they are set to arrive early next week. USPS takes about a week to walk them from Michigan to Toronto.

I also just weighed the rim and it looks like the Replika site is pretty accurate. They've got it at 26.2 and I show 26.4.

If you want lighter weight with a similar look for slightly cheaper - check this thread out.

View attachment 388168

thanks for the info.

Can you send me the link where you ordered the TPMS?

Are you going to install the wheels yourself?

There is a place in Scarborough that sells RF03RR for $800. They weight 18.2lbs. Does anyone heard about them? As for the TPMS how much are they in total? CAD.

This is what I found online. From what I've seen this weight is really low compared to other after-markets. Should that be concerning in terms of quality? I know lower unsprung weight is usually a good thing, but this seems really low.

https://www.super-speed.ca/flowform-rf03rr

And the other wheel mentioned in another thread is here.
Thoughts on ART Replica 171 wheels

I'm torn.

Tires 23 in Mississauga are listed as a dealer for SuperSpeed.

Their RF05RR (competition model - set to deliver mid-May) features bead knurling on top and bottom side of the barrel where tire touches wheel. It helps to prevent tire slip on the wheel under high acceleration and deceleration. Will also be included in the next product update of the RF03RR's according to their site.

However, their offsets are all +35, not +40 for those that prefer stock Tesla configs. I've asked them if they have any plans to include M3 specs.

SuperSpeed responded:

We actually did several Model 3s for the past year with RF03RR. 18x8.5 +35 5x114.3 fit nicely!

Though Tires23 also carries Brixton Forged, Signature, WORK and Vossen wheels.

So many choices. So many pot holes...I'd love staggered Pilot Sport 4S on 20" forged such as Brixton but given about 140km / day of commuting, I think I'll play it safe and stick with the MXM4's on 18" wheels such as the RF03RR's.

I ordered a set of Fast FC04 (18x8 +30 offset) last week from PMC Tire and they arrived today. Took one out of the box and they look great! The only problem is, they sent me 18x9 wheels, not the 18x8 I ordered! They were closed by this time, so I sent an email and will call them tomorrow when they open. It seems like 9" wheels are within the spec for the factory 18" Michelin Primacy MXM4, so in theory I think _could_ use them. However, my concern is that this will make the wheel more susceptible to curb rash (the tires on 8.5" aero wheels are bad enough as it is). It will also extend an extra 16mm than factory but that's probably hardly noticeable. Thoughts?

Not a big fan of turbines but have to admit they look better than I imagined. Perhaps it's the 18" size they look best in. I almost sprung for their 20" M3115's but then I'd also want MPP coilover, etc. etc. I think my future self will thank me :)

tsportline has some great wheels though...you did good.

Not a big fan of turbines but have to admit they look better than I imagined. Perhaps it's the 18" size they look best in. I almost sprung for their 20" M3115's but then I'd also want MPP coilover, etc. etc. I think my future self will thank me :)

tsportline has some great wheels though...you did good.
I think the new TST flow forge wheels look great! I might get rid of the OEM rims and get these later for winter.

I took brand new wheels, OEM tires and new TPMS into CostCo earlier this week. They fitted, inflated and balanced them for $15 per tire, no worries.