Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

wheels model S Tesla 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the 19" silver wheel model S 100D 2017, I need to upgraded them to 21" turbine wheels I am looking for any one need the 19" wheel and swap with me the wheels and if he/she need me to pay the difference I will.

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-16 at 12.27.16 PM.jpeg
just please offer me and I will get back to you

There is any difference between in the wheel production year between 2013, and 2019, because I am looking into the market I have found someone offering a 21" turbine wheel from 2013 model S. So I want to make sure that there is no difference can affect the car

if you are looking at wheels with TPMS sensors that might be an issue, but some 2013's have been upgraded to use the current sensors, so possibly not?

Physically though, wheels fit fine. Make note of the lower pressure you are supposed to run on the 21s, or you will wear the center of the tire out much faster than you want.

if you are looking at wheels with TPMS sensors that might be an issue, but some 2013's have been upgraded to use the current sensors, so possibly not?

Physically though, wheels fit fine. Make note of the lower pressure you are supposed to run on the 21s, or you will wear the center of the tire out much faster than you want.

Thank for your response, I am new to Tesla I don't know a lot about it. I got another question as if you know about the prices of the wheels I think you can help me to make the choice to buy it or not it because of the sensors issue. I have asked the seller and he told me I don't know any thing about the sensors. So, the guy offered me the wheel without tire for 1,100$ is it a good price?

The easy way to tell is that if you can read the pressure on the dash, then you have the gen2 sensors, if the alerts to low pressure are just, "you have a low tire" then you have gen 1 sensors.

If his car is newer than about September of 2014 then it has new sensors. Your car should show actual pressure on the dash.

$1100 isn't a bad price, nor a good price. I would personally pay $800 or less for four from rockauto.com but they don't currently have any inventory.

TPMS sensors.
I bought mine off of Amazon and put them on the car with no issues.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0768TCP58
I now have a Gen 2 setup so these should work fine in your 100D.

guys I have question if I need to buy a wheels from Tesla form parts, how will that's works, how can I protect my self from fraud, any suggestion?

First and foremost deal in person, save shipping. This protects you from fraud but not from being a robbery victim! In most cases meeting someone in a public place / police station is enough to deter criminals from robbing you right then and there.

For those times you can't deal in person, paypal, NOT friends and family! Make sure there is an actual description of the goods involved in the notes of the transaction, including expected weights. If you have this properly documented it makes is slightly less likely someone will ship you a box of gravel. People can still ship you a box of gravel. Dealing with people over the internet comes with risks, make sure the price you are getting makes those risks worth taking. People will always say "if it's too good to be true, then don't buy it" but that isn't easy when buying stuff. I have often paid prices that are "too good to be true" and gotten my products without issues.

I usually start by looking at the seller's profile (when buying from forums) and see how long have they been a member, and how much do they post. The longer and more posts the better. If it has been less than a year I will look at the posts themselves, do they contribute to the discussion? Does it sound like they actually live and breath that issue and, lastly, does it align with the context of that discussion. This takes time, but you are trying to determine if this person is a real person. Real people sometimes have things go wrong unfortunately, and you might still get screwed but hopefully that is a lower probability.

Last but not least, check ebay for the stuff you want. Ebay has robust buyer protections. Ebay is also full of people overcharging for Tesla parts, but you never know. Shop your local and regional Craigslist. You would be amazed at some of the local deals I have found there, and it will likely be much cheaper than on here or ebay. Plus it will be in person, so less fraud risk, and no shipping costs, just your time to go get it.

Good luck!