Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels Sizes - 21"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

New to this forum. Just ordered the Model X yesterday! :D Really wanted the 22" upgrade, but $5500 is a bit much! Plus, i read that because the tires are kinda thin on the 22", ride quality is not that "good".

Anyway, was wondering if anyone has aftermarket 21" instead. And what is your experience on them. What is a good offset, to make the X looks aggressive?

thank you!
Joe

Congratulations 0P and welcome to the club! I paid about $2,800 for my 22s if I recall correctly. Got $800 for my original 20s.
Go aftermarket, you’ll have way more options. The ride is just a tiny bit stiffer which makes this boat even more fun to steer through turns! I love the ride.

Congratulations 0P and welcome to the club! I paid about $2,800 for my 22s if I recall correctly. Got $800 for my original 20s.
Go aftermarket, you’ll have way more options. The ride is just a tiny bit stiffer which makes this boat even more fun to steer through turns! I love the ride.

Thank you! i will definitely look for 22". By the way, what is a good offset for the 22"? And can i go stagger given that the Model X is a "four wheel" drive? I thought four wheel drive can't be staggered.

I’m sorry, I don’t remember anymore. It might have been 8 front and 9.5 in the rear. You’ll want to go to an experienced tire shop who has done lots of MXs. I don’t know where you live but Nick Mora at Globe Tires and Motorsports in Los Angeles is a Great and knowledgeable guy. 310-836-0804.
He might remember me. Clemens.
Good Luck!

I have a nice set of 22” wheels for sale
24E2E4CB-5CBF-476B-B68C-94502B1FFB99.jpeg