Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels Sizes - 21"

joesmithf1

Oct 26, 2019
anaheim
Hi All,

New to this forum. Just ordered the Model X yesterday! :D Really wanted the 22" upgrade, but $5500 is a bit much! Plus, i read that because the tires are kinda thin on the 22", ride quality is not that "good".

Anyway, was wondering if anyone has aftermarket 21" instead. And what is your experience on them. What is a good offset, to make the X looks aggressive?

thank you!
Joe

NoSoup4U!

Nov 11, 2018
Los Angeles
Congratulations 0P and welcome to the club! I paid about $2,800 for my 22s if I recall correctly. Got $800 for my original 20s.
Go aftermarket, you’ll have way more options. The ride is just a tiny bit stiffer which makes this boat even more fun to steer through turns! I love the ride.

joesmithf1

Oct 26, 2019
anaheim
I’ve heard that there aren’t much tire options for 21”

you can find the 22” for much less than $5000 on craigslist or the TMC classified section.
Thank you! this is one of the answer i was looking for. I know it make a big difference in tire price, depending on size of wheels that are more common.

joesmithf1

Oct 26, 2019
anaheim
Congratulations 0P and welcome to the club! I paid about $2,800 for my 22s if I recall correctly. Got $800 for my original 20s.
Go aftermarket, you’ll have way more options. The ride is just a tiny bit stiffer which makes this boat even more fun to steer through turns! I love the ride.

Thank you! i will definitely look for 22". By the way, what is a good offset for the 22"? And can i go stagger given that the Model X is a "four wheel" drive? I thought four wheel drive can't be staggered.

NoSoup4U!

Nov 11, 2018
Los Angeles
I’m sorry, I don’t remember anymore. It might have been 8 front and 9.5 in the rear. You’ll want to go to an experienced tire shop who has done lots of MXs. I don’t know where you live but Nick Mora at Globe Tires and Motorsports in Los Angeles is a Great and knowledgeable guy. 310-836-0804.
He might remember me. Clemens.
Good Luck!

Yoitskenn

Mar 24, 2019
Vallejo, California
I have a nice set of 22” wheels for sale
24E2E4CB-5CBF-476B-B68C-94502B1FFB99.jpeg

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC