Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheels spacers for PLAID + 21” Arachnids?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your studs length - spacer thickness = the amount of wheel pocket space you need. ( only apply if you had the spacer that come with studs like below)

For example, if your model s studs is 25mm in length, with 20mm spacer, you will end up with 5mm of the original studs protude out. (the yellow arrow below)

"Photo just for referance"
434163399_1114274409714322_3179057094325919697_n.jpg

Below the arachnid wheel hub. The yellow circle area is the space needed to clear the studs that protrude out.

I never measured them, but it seems shallow, probably only around 6mm, which is just enough to clear the studs based on the 25mm studs length on the car.

However, if you had the 2021 model, the rear studs is around 38mm. With 20mm spacer will end up with 18mm studs protuding out. In that case, you will need to cut the studs to fit.

434184960_414026974609831_2526561818706888018_n.jpg

Reactions: KITT 2.0
Ah... I bought 4x 15mm for my 2024. I don't want anything wider than 15mm of spacing. Haven't arrived yet. Gonna throw it to a shop (to also get my calipers painted orange) to get them installed. See what happens.

If @spoonf20c managed to fit 15mm up front with 2021/22 MS, and the front studs were 25mm... And now the 2022+ has 25mm studs all around, then my 15mms should fit...

But then @SignatureSales is saying that the pockets in the Arachnid is only 6mm. 6mm + 15mm = 21mm < 25mm. So if this math is correct then my 15mms all around are not going to fit...

Will keep this thread updated... Fingers crossed...

Ah... I bought 4x 15mm for my 2024. I don't want anything wider than 15mm of spacing. Haven't arrived yet. Gonna throw it to a shop (to also get my calipers painted orange) to get them installed. See what happens.

If @spoonf20c managed to fit 15mm up front with 2021/22 MS, and the front studs were 25mm... And now the 2022+ has 25mm studs all around, then my 15mms should fit...

But then @SignatureSales is saying that the pockets in the Arachnid is only 6mm. 6mm + 15mm = 21mm < 25mm. So if this math is correct then my 15mms all around are not going to fit...

Will keep this thread updated... Fingers crossed...

If someone has clears the Arachnicd with 15mm spacer, that means the back pocket has more than 10mm of space.

My Plaid delivered on 3/31/24 with early march build date had cone tipped studs. I could not fit my 20mm spacers without cutting off the tips which I did. The unthreaded tips were almost 1cm long. Cutting the tips off was quick and easy.
interesting, they went back to that style stud for the 24's. well i guess there's no telling which ones you have without taking the nuts off.

So this statement in the ebay listing from the seller is not a real problem with these spacers, or did you have to do some mods?

I’m so sorry guys, didn’t mean to leave y’all hanging. I originally bought 20mm spacers from the same seller for my Arachnids (link below). Then I swapped to a different set of wheels, and got the 15mm from them. Both sets worked without issues and I’m currently running the 15mm on my car now. I should have posted this 20mm link instead of the other 15mm one.

I had a 2015 and di 20mm all around it looked amazing. Just pixked up a 2024 long range model s and put arachnids put 20mm in the rear and they popped out like a truck. Id say about a half inch. Any idea whats going on here? My goal is to get the fitment you have in the pic. Thats how my 2015 sat.

he's likely running bonoss spacers like almost everyone on this thread. you can get them directly through their ebay site. i got mine in less than a week from china to so.cal!
I purchased. I called rpm tesla they have 15mm Blox, but told me they don't recommend it for the plaid. Not sure what the difference between Bonoss and Blox

nids put 20mm in the rear and they popped out like a truck. Id say about a half inch. Any idea whats going on here? My goal is to get the fitment you
I had a 2015 and di 20mm all around it looked amazing. Just pixked up a 2024 long range model s and put arachnids put 20mm in the rear and they popped out like a truck. Id say about a half inch. Any idea whats going on here? My goal is to get the fitment you have in the pic. Thats how my 2015 sat.
Any pics? Makes no sense how they pop out on you like that. 20mm seems to be what everyone is using. I ordered 15mm front and rear for my plaid.