Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wheelsco Winter Tire Group Buy for GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm the ebay sensors I posted a while back do indeed work. Swapped the all season tires over to my new rims last week and put the continentals onto the aero rims. Car recognized the new sensors were installed automatically in the first 3-4 km of driving...even though I still had the aero rims with OEM sensors still in the car.

4x ITM TPMS Uni-Sensors Metal Clamp-On 433MHz for Tesla Model 3 2017-2018 667952810783 | eBay

As far as what rim will look best, that's really personal preference. There are a bunch of places you can order from (if you want to do the legwork yourself). I didn't like any of the options in the group buys so went my own way. As a start I would check these websites for rims...there are hundreds of options. I spent about 2 weeks trying to decide.

www.partsengine.ca (where I eventually ordered from)
www.canadawheels.ca
pmctire.ca
kxwheels.ca
1010tires.ca
costco.ca (least favorite ones there, but you get costco points if you are a gold member...)

As far as prices go, I would encourage getting the continental deal at canadian tire if its still up.

Did the ITM sensors work without programming out of the box? Kal Tire said they couldn't program them with their machine.

Did the ITM sensors work without programming out of the box? Kal Tire said they couldn't program them with their machine.
Yes, worked out of box. AFAIK programming has nothing to do with the sensors, it's the car that sometimes needs it. I have a re learn tool I used for my volt and wife's bolt, the tesla does its own learning as you drive. So as long as the sensors work at 433 MHz I believe they should work. And like I said, those ones I bought worked out of the box.

I'm pretty sure you just need to make sure the frequency matches up with your car. For example on my wife's bolt the ones listed as compatible with hers were 200/set on eBay, but ones with identical frequency but listed as for another gm car (I think it was a Tahoe) were 120...I bought them and they worked like a charm.

• Informative
Reactions: stickla
Yes, worked out of box. AFAIK programming has nothing to do with the sensors, it's the car that sometimes needs it. I have a re learn tool I used for my volt and wife's bolt, the tesla does its own learning as you drive. So as long as the sensors work at 433 MHz I believe they should work. And like I said, those ones I bought worked out of the box.

I'm pretty sure you just need to make sure the frequency matches up with your car. For example on my wife's bolt the ones listed as compatible with hers were 200/set on eBay, but ones with identical frequency but listed as for another gm car (I think it was a Tahoe) were 120...I bought them and they worked like a charm.

Hmm, then I'll see if Kal Tire would refund me or buy the sensors they claim they couldn't program =\

Ya they worked for me too. I got the metal stems.

Costco didn't "program them to my car" cause they didn't put the wheels on. The day after when I put them on myself, the car said "We've detected you have new wheels" and asked me for the size of the wheel. It then said "resetting pressure sensors" and it just worked.

If anyone's interested in a set of 4x ITM TPMS sensors, give me a PM already in the GTA $160 (save some shipping time!)

4x ITM TPMS Uni-Sensors Rubber Snap-In 433MHz for Tesla Model 3 2017-2018 667952810776 | eBay
Send @stickla a note. A page ago he/she was considering ordering but wasn't sure if they would get there in time....too bad you got them and they didn't put them on for you.

I'm guessing they weren't willing to re install them? Might still be worth it to have the tpms working in winter even if you have to pay someone to pull wheels off...they just need to break the bead...you could even probably do it yourself...I installed my wife's tpms sensors after they had mounted tires. Takes a bit of elbow grease, but do-able since the tire will not rotate on the rim and balance should not need to be re-done.

Send @stickla a note. A page ago he/she was considering ordering but wasn't sure if they would get there in time....too bad you got them and they didn't put them on for you.

I'm guessing they weren't willing to re install them? Might still be worth it to have the tpms working in winter even if you have to pay someone to pull wheels off...they just need to break the bead...you could even probably do it yourself...I installed my wife's tpms sensors after they had mounted tires. Takes a bit of elbow grease, but do-able since the tire will not rotate on the rim and balance should not need to be re-done.
ah.. I ordered already and also postponed my appt.

I ordered the replikas from PMC. I may get tires from Jeremy. I am going to put the winter tires on the aero rims and the summers on the replicas.

Well, as it turned out, the delivery time for the Replikas was the same at both places. So i've cancelled the PMC order and I'll pick the rims up later.

All that to say I've put a deposit down for the wheels and rims, and go in a week Thursday.

I've called 4 times, left a voicemail and even responded to the Kijiji ad but haven't received a single response. I've been trying since last Wednesday. Has anyone recently been able to get a hold of them?

Are they still able to get replikas for december?