Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok fair enough, I just think giving it in the form of credits would be even more divisive, because some people have nothing left to spend it on.

I agree, they aren't ideal, but as a goodwill gesture they are perfect. No other manufacturer would give you anything in this situation, only Elon while drunk tweeting backed himself into this corner.

You must face towards the direction of Elon Musk and bow 3 times. Then, after swearing on your firstborn to only purchase Tesla cars in the future, your credit card on file will be refunded the 5k in 2-3 business days.

In reality, no one knows yet hang tight.

Reactions: Jedi2155
I called 1-800-customerservice today about another issue (super charging still has never shown up in my account - so not sure I will ever be able to trade it in even if I wanted to!) and I asked about the $5K refund. The rep said he had to "find it" (assume an email) and then read me a canned statement. Paraphrasing a bit, he basically said that I will get an email or notification in my account once they figure out how to implement Elon's tweet.

• Informative
Reactions: ord3r
I called 1-800-customerservice today about another issue (super charging still has never shown up in my account - so not sure I will ever be able to trade it in even if I wanted to!) and I asked about the $5K refund. The rep said he had to "find it" (assume an email) and then read me a canned statement. Paraphrasing a bit, he basically said that I will get an email or notification in my account once they figure out how to implement Elon's tweet.

Has free supercharging shown up on anyone's account with a Model 3 Performance?

As I understand it the free supercharging isn't tied to the car so it technically wouldn't show up under things on the car. It doesn't even follow the owner as it goes away as soon as we trade the car in. At least that's how I understand it.

So where does it show up?

I haven't seen it anywhere, and I don't get charged while supercharging.

Reactions: TrumpetTitan
I agree, they aren't ideal, but as a goodwill gesture they are perfect. No other manufacturer would give you anything in this situation, only Elon while drunk tweeting backed himself into this corner.
No other manufacturer includes a $5k package for free 2 months after introduction too. So? Do we treat Tesla as a traditional manufacturer or not now? Oh right whatever puts them into a better situation.

He was drunk alright, for including the $5k package for free shortly after introduction.