Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No other manufacturer includes a $5k package for free 2 months after introduction too. So? Do we treat Tesla as a traditional manufacturer or not now? Oh right whatever puts them into a better situation.

He was drunk alright, for including the $5k package for free shortly after introduction.

Not really. You have no idea what manufacturer do because you don't see how much dealerships are paying.

Elon is the man

I sent Tesla Support an email requesting a check for the $5,000 refund on 10/28, and I received this reply yesterday, 11/7.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Disagree
Reactions: TrumpetTitan
I interpreted it as one last hard sell to get me to reconsider, so I replied as follows...

my experience mirrors yours, response from tesla exactly same!
I just want to be assured from tesla i have found the correct list
to be included on the refund, dare I say I’d like my sales tax refunded too!

so far it’s a lil dance, lil romance, lil seltzer down your pant!

A a non PUP performance owner I would prefer the cash, never used supercharging, but to recoup my "value" relative to the new pricing I would take the $5500 Enhanced Auto Pilot update, curiously similar, and call it a day. Wouldn't "cost" Tesla anything. Surprisingly, I've not heard this proposed yet.

A a non PUP performance owner I would prefer the cash, never used supercharging, but to recoup my "value" relative to the new pricing I would take the $5500 Enhanced Auto Pilot update, curiously similar, and call it a day. Wouldn't "cost" Tesla anything. Surprisingly, I've not heard this proposed yet.

I proposed that they should offer EAP as an option in the other thread as well, it would be probably the least expensive option for Tesla. But the radio silence on Tesla's end regarding the refund/other options is not encouraging.

I proposed that they should offer EAP as an option in the other thread as well, it would be probably the least expensive option for Tesla. But the radio silence on Tesla's end regarding the refund/other options is not encouraging.

Agreed. That is the main concern and disappointment with Tesla since payment. It took 10 weeks to get a refund of $3500 deposit after overpayment by my bank. And of course the unprompted 2 week delivery promise was missed without any notification beforehand nor update leading up to the eventual week 6 delivery. Now having my car devalued by 8% by Tesla after 1 month of ownership is just a kick in the privates. I know they need to generate more orders but how could they not have anticipated this fallout and have a response ready.

Reactions: CullinKin
Dear Kind Sir:

I am Prince StellarRat of the Nigerian High Counsel. I have been charged with the honorable responsibility to unite many unclaimed $5000 (USD) refunds from the good US corporation of Tesla by the great King Muskona. Regrettably I have fallen behind on my duties and now humbly seek your assistance. Upon receipt of a small $50 USD good faith deposit from you. I will transfer two unclaimed refunds to you of $10000 (USD) total. A great thank you for your kind assistance in disbursing these funds, so that I may make my account reckoning whole again with the great USA concern Tesla Corp. I humbly ask that you make great haste in transferring your deposit to my account.

Your Most Humble Servant,
Prince StellarRat

Last edited: