Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When and how to get the $5000 refund?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would it be different than every other badge we've seen for Performance 3s? There are already confirmed installations of it.

Confirmed installations doesn't mean it's the correct badge, just the one that's currently available. Enough people have put pressure on their SC for 'a badge' and I wouldn't be surprised if they just started dolling them out.

According to the service manager in Bellevue, WA there are two different badge SKUs. One for the dual motor thats already out and another for Performance thats arriving shortly. I'm assuming anyone could call their SC to confirm this if it's true.

How do I know? Because they assigned a regular dual motor badge to my service invoice over a month ago, but changed it when they discovered a seperate SKU had been added for a Dual Motor Performance variant.

So I don't know. My guess is that P3D owners who already got the dual motor badge have either settled for it, knowingly or not, or the Bellevue Service Mgr is flat out wrong. They've been very competent so far in my experience over ~1/2 dozen service appointments so that's why I'm waiting and will report back on it either way.

According to the service manager in Bellevue, WA there are two different badge SKUs. One for the dual motor thats already out and another for Performance thats arriving shortly. I'm assuming anyone could call their SC to confirm this if it's true.

Of course there are two different SKUs. The difference is that the performance one includes the red underline, while the standard dual motor one does not.

Confirmed installations doesn't mean it's the correct badge, just the one that's currently available.

How do I know? Because they assigned a regular dual motor badge to my service invoice over a month ago, but changed it when they discovered a seperate SKU had been added for a Dual Motor Performance variant.

So I don't know. My guess is that P3D owners who already got the dual motor badge have either settled for it, knowingly or not, or the Bellevue Service Mgr is flat out wrong. They've been very competent so far in my experience over ~1/2 dozen service appointments so that's why I'm waiting and will report back on it either way.

One sku for DUAL MOTOR (AWD, not performance)
One sku for DUAL MOTOR (All performance 3s)

The only P3D owners that I am aware of with a badge, have the DUAL MOTOR badge, and the spoiler. There are one or two on the forums. I'm am doubtful that there's a specific badge that differentiates P3D- and P3D+. But, I've been wrong before, so time will tell.

One sku for DUAL MOTOR (AWD, not performance)
One sku for DUAL MOTOR (All performance 3s)

The only P3D owners that I am aware of with a badge, have the DUAL MOTOR badge, and the spoiler. There are one or two on the forums. I'm am doubtful that there's a specific badge that differentiates P3D- and P3D+. But, I've been wrong before, so time will tell.
I have the badge without the spoiler. Same badge, just not spoiler.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Agreed. I'm happy to get $5k back and not going to nitpick over a few % either. Tesla was generous enough to give back $5k.

I agree tesla was generous,

I disagree that asking that
this REFUND not be treated
differently than the $1,000
FSD REFUND is nitpicking?

8% of $1,000 = $80
8% of $5,000 = $400

draw your own lines
regarding nitpicking!

Yeah, the above response/ question sounded like was implied there was no difference between the dual motor and performance badge. To your point (and mine) the performance badge is indeed different

20190111_112423.jpg

Attachments

• 20190111_112423.jpg
    20190111_112423.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
For folks the gave up free super charging, when did your account show it's removed relative to your email confirmation that a check is on the way and/or you received the check.

Just curious.

As of now my account still shows LUSC and I cashed my check a few days ago. Of course, it took nearly 3 months to get LUSC on my account in the first place but SC worked anyway. I'd imagine inverse would be the same now.

Reactions: mswlogo
I agree tesla was generous,

I disagree that asking that
this REFUND not be treated
differently than the $1,000
FSD REFUND is nitpicking?

8% of $1,000 = $80
8% of $5,000 = $400

draw your own lines
regarding nitpicking!

nitpicking rewarded!

after writing everyone @ tesla I could,
and being told essentially to go pound
sand, we're not opening up finance doc's,
motor vehicle purchase agreements,

being dissuaded here regarding why
sales tax shouldn't be included in the
$5,000 PUP refund issued by tesla...
and after being given zero hope of
action by CA FTB, CA DMV, BBB etc

today at my mailbox, refund of $387.50
with no letter, just a check, no reference
of the amount of why?

my city's tax rate = 7.75%, so that's exact
amount of sales tax paid on $5,000!

this company functions in such a screwy
manner, they aren't even true to their own
statements & beliefs?

but hey, thanks tesla for following CA law
and refunding sales tax on a refund!

• Helpful
Reactions: SD_Engnr
As of now my account still shows LUSC and I cashed my check a few days ago. Of course, it took nearly 3 months to get LUSC on my account in the first place but SC worked anyway. I'd imagine inverse would be the same now.
My LUSC ended last month. Unfortunately I still don't have the 5k because they mailed the check to the wrong address. New check should be to me soon, maybe, hopefully.