Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When are the next batch of cars due ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
early deposit holder , changed car on the day that white became free colour, so standard order white Sr+ black interior . First Invoice has a vin and ETA 16th Oct . Second Invoice had same VIN and 9th Oct . Rang to check I wasn’t going to be in the end of Sept rush and told no VIN anymore !! Car Collection Edinburgh which seems to be getting a lack of cars in this surge, probably too late for this end Sept rush but tempted to say To Tesla I can pick up further afield ??

Once they squeeze everyone into Sept end do we think there will be a lull eg if u don’t get end of Sept it will be end of Oct ?

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: freekie
Probably totally irrelevant to you Model 3 folk but I ordered a custom Raven X on 15th August for Edinburgh collection. At the time of order I was told estimated end October delivery. Received my final invoice today which shows 30th October as estimated delivery. However I know that the X is shipped over in containers for reassembly in Tilburg so it probably has no bearing on your M3 dates.

For cars arriving in UK after 31st October there is a possibility of an extra 10% import duty.
There is already 10% import duty on US cars into the EU. WTO rate is 10% so unless you are suggesting 10% into EU then another 10% from EU to UK. then not sure where you are getting this from?
If that is your point pretty sure they would bring the model 3s straight to the UK rather than pay twice. S and X which avoid the duty I think by being part assembled is a different matter

Reactions: ringi
There is already 10% import duty on US cars into the EU. WTO rate is 10% so unless you are suggesting 10% into EU then another 10% from EU to UK.

If the goods are passing through the EU en route to the UK they would not be charged import duty twice, only once upon import into the UK. Going through an EU port would be considered temporary storage...certainly that's how we plan to manage things imports at my work.