Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When are we going to be able to use the 360 Surround Cameras for Parking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When are we going to be able to do this? Saw a video on YouTube about how a guy drove a 2016 Ford Explorer Platinum covered in snow!
And he was able to activate the cameras to drive around! I think this would be a great feature to be able to use also would be better for parking so you wont clip the front bumper!

no expecations.JPG

I do hope Tesla offers something like that in the future. But for now, the ultrasonic sensors work very well when parking. For the past 3 years I've been relying on the first generation sensors in my "classic" S and so far all I've hit are parking stops and curbs. Which of course is why video would be nice to have, but the cameras are set too high to be very helpful with low curbs and parking stops.

I do hope Tesla offers something like that in the future. But for now, the ultrasonic sensors work very well when parking. For the past 3 years I've been relying on the first generation sensors in my "classic" S and so far all I've hit are parking stops and curbs. Which of course is why video would be nice to have, but the cameras are set too high to be very helpful with low curbs and parking stops.

If had the same problem (running over curbs) with my previous S. Eventually I learned to back in whenever possible so I could see the curb approaching in the camera. Doing the same with the S I just purchased.

Not going to happen, at least for the front cams, as they can't actually see the front of the car. I guess Tesla could implement a b/w side view hooked up to a colour rear view and use the sensors at the front to create some kind of 360 coverage, but it probably wouldn't look very good.