Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When can I remove the car from my account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mrklaw

Mar 5, 2020
Berkshire
I sold my car yesterday. Dealer paid the finance settlement to Tesla which showed up quickly in my account, and got a confirmation email of the payment from Tesla. Got the notification from DVLA by email too.

Went to remove the car from my account yesterday evening (left it on to allow the dealer to supercharge if needed on the trip back north). The 'remove car' link doesn't work. Maybe it needs to be marked as fully settled by Tesla? I don't have a 'your account is settled' email yet.

Do I just wait? How long does this normally take? And while I wait does that mean the car will be able to supercharge at my expense, and will the dealer not be able to add the car to another users' account if they sell it?

Try emailing [email protected]
It may not work anymore but worth a try.
  • If you cannot request an ownership change request via your account or App, please make sure when sending us an email to include all required information and documents:
    • Phone number
    • Registration address
    • Email address used for your Tesla Account
    • Copy or photo of your registration documents
    • Color copy or photo of your driver’s license
    • If registering under a business, include your business card with your name and company

Reactions: Mrklaw