Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When can I start using the free 10,000 supercharger miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of a MY on Dec. 26, 2022. Per the incentive I get 10,000 free supercharger miles which expire in 2 years. Charging at a supercharger 2 days ago, I had to pay.

When does the free supercharging actually start? Or do I need to do something to activate it? In my vehicle details it still says pay as you go.

Thanks.

Reactions: rickyjb
Took delivery of a MY on Dec. 26, 2022. Per the incentive I get 10,000 free supercharger miles which expire in 2 years. Charging at a supercharger 2 days ago, I had to pay.

When does the free supercharging actually start? Or do I need to do something to activate it? In my vehicle details it still says pay as you go.

Thanks.
The supercharging miles will appear in the app sometime this month, Jan 6th I believe.

Does anyone know if I can use these free supercharging miles on my other tesla that is also in the same account?

Upvote 0
The supercharging miles will appear in the app sometime this month, Jan 6th I believe.

Does anyone know if I can use these free supercharging miles on my other tesla that is also in the same account?
The Tesla employee who helped me when I picked up my Y on 12/27 first told me they’d be there immediately, then told me January 6th. They also told me that Monroney stickers are only for used cars and that they never come with Teslas - so take their advice with caution (I received one with my first Model Y when I picked it up in December of 2021).

I can say that I’ve paid for $32 worth of super charging this weekend alone, so the credits have not hit my account yet.

Reactions: AtlTesly
Upvote 0
The Tesla employee who helped me when I picked up my Y on 12/27 first told me they’d be there immediately, then told me January 6th. They also told me that Monroney stickers are only for used cars and that they never come with Teslas - so take their advice with caution (I received one with my first Model Y when I picked it up in December of 2021).

I can say that I’ve paid for $32 worth of super charging this weekend alone, so the credits have not hit my account yet.
I’m still waiting on the mobile charger, it won’t arrive till the 9th. So off to the nearest supercharger location I go. Let’s see what it costs to get it from 20-ish% to 80%.

Upvote 0
Charged from 58 to 279 miles (added 221) at a cost of $12.31.

I paid 5x more for the last 3 minutes vs. the first two. Why is there a step up scale in pricing? Is there anything I can do about it next time?

Attachments

• 3A252A97-E114-49D2-BA6F-079E83F0B332.jpeg
    3A252A97-E114-49D2-BA6F-079E83F0B332.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0
Charged from 58 to 279 miles (added 221) at a cost of $12.31.

I paid 5x more for the last 3 minutes vs. the first two. Why is there a step up scale in pricing? Is there anything I can do about it next time?
Charges are per kWh used. You charged at a higher rate at those 1st 3 minutes because your lower stage of charge (SoC) puts you on the faster rate on the charging curve.

Ive never seen it broken down that way. My app shows it this way.

277FC713-F272-4E14-B69F-94B8CBE03175.jpeg

Reactions: AtlTesly
Upvote 0
So to get around this I will have to charge on another network during off peak times? Saving supercharger network for when I need to charge during peak rates.
Honestly, 2 years period for 10,000 miles is more than enough. I wouldn't supercharge everytime, fast charge for long trips or one a week or something, your EV battery takes some stress with supercharge each time. Just my two cents...

Upvote 0