Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When closing door windows roll up then down slightly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this gap in their front windows? I don't have the same issue on the rear doors.

Is this a 'feature' to prevent the doors from icing shut or should I make a service apt

Thanks!

upload_2021-3-3_10-23-29.png

Reactions: scabbotts
The window isn't fully closed in the photo. If it's below a certain temp, the windows will close and then open a small amount, to prevent possible icing.
What was the ambient temp? Is this only an issue with the driver's window?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Does anyone else have this gap in their front windows? I don't have the same issue on the rear doors.

Is this a 'feature' to prevent the doors from icing shut or should I make a service apt

Thanks!

View attachment 641584
I actually have the same issue on mine. It is the driver's window. It started right after one of the updates, although i also installed new puddle lights, so it may have been that. A couple of times it has gone all the way up, but the majority of the time it is just a little bit low. Be interested to see if anyone else has the same issue.

scabbotts: Does it fully close and then open slightly? That's how the "icing" avoidance works.
Yes that is correct, it goes all the way up and then drops just a little bit. But it is only on the driver's side window. I hadn't heard of the icing avoidance but you are probably right, because there have been days where it does go all the way up and stay up. Well that takes a bit of worry off of me. Now it just looks like my heat pump sensor is the only issue. The heat seems to work when i remotely turn on the heat but when i get in the car and start driving i get very little heat. I knew i shouldn't have read that post. It was fine until the very next time i got in the car after reading about that.

scabbotts: Strange. If it's cold enough, ALL 4 windows should be doing the same thing. Full up, then "zzp", open a very small amount.

This is what I'm seeing. It's what made me think it's a 'feature' since I don't see the same thing when I get in the car it rolls up and stays up. This only happens when I get out and I haven't had the car when the temp is above 50

Reactions: scabbotts
It's what made me think it's a 'feature' since I don't see the same thing when I get in the car it rolls up and stays up. This only happens when I get out and I haven't had the car when the temp is above 50

I have the same situation, with unpleasant consequences: wind noise from the front windows at 60mph+.

I reset the top stop of the windows, but the wind noise remained. Only way to reduce wind noise: blip each window button down for a split second, so it's slightly down from its upper stop. That somehow reduces the wind noise. Go figure. Tesla Service is coming out in two weeks...

Reactions: GOVA
scabbotts: Strange. If it's cold enough, ALL 4 windows should be doing the same thing. Full up, then "zzp", open a very small amount.
I guess maybe they would if i opened them and closed them. The other doors don't get used as much as the drivers door, especially the rear doors. I don't have any wind noise like clyde so i am assuming they go all the way up when i get in and drive.
Thanks for the information!!!! It puts me at ease now.