Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats start?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am in the market for a Model X. It must be white and must have fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. Id prefer if it had unlimited supercharging too. I dont care about autopilot and I dont want white interior.

I have been following tesla for a long time. I have searched youtube and google but because they change their features so frequently its been hard for me to find an exact car. From what I can tell I think its 2017 and later. Is that right?

The folding 7-seater was introduced in July 2017. Unfortunately the transferable free unlimited supercharging was discontinued in mid-January 2017 so you won’t be able to find a car with folding 2nd row and transferable free unlimited supercharging.

The folding 7-seater was introduced in July 2017. Unfortunately the transferable free unlimited supercharging was discontinued in mid-January 2017 so you won’t be able to find a car with folding 2nd row and transferable free unlimited supercharging.
Thank you! Thats what I am discovering. Even cars that had both at that point will lose the charging during a transfer of ownership.

I just took delivery of a July 2017 built MX with 7 seats. Use RS06? I think for the rear seat code and new model? I think CC04? is also used. It’s been a little while, but easy to filter on ev-CPO.

There is no unlimited supercharging with fold flat 2nd/3rd row unless you get it brand new as of last week when Tesla changes the rules yes again

Reactions: jimbo69ny
What is up with this car? It’s a 2017, has 7 seats but the second row doesn’t fold down. Right? I’ve never been in one but these are the seats that don’t fold right?
2017 Tesla Model X for sale in Lakeview, OR 97630

No pictures are showing up on my phone, but there are a lot of seven seat cars that don't fold, from earlier production.

If you see a big silver post under each seat, that's what it is.

Folding seats have a few narrow black bars instead.

I am in the market for a Model X. It must be white and must have fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats. Id prefer if it had unlimited supercharging too. I dont care about autopilot and I dont want white interior.

I have been following tesla for a long time. I have searched youtube and google but because they change their features so frequently its been hard for me to find an exact car. From what I can tell I think its 2017 and later. Is that right?

I ordered my Model X Jan. of 2016 with the promise of a folding second row. I was one of the first to receive it Dec. 2016. There are lots of pictures on this forum in a 5 seat model X thread. Here is an article from Dec. 2016 talking about the start of deliveries. https://electrek.co/2016/12/03/tesla-model-x-5-seat-configuration-first-look/

• Informative
Reactions: forkee