Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did they change how SC pairing/sharing works?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realized for a few weeks now that if I arrive at the Supercharger and plug in at a stall which is not shared with another Tesla already charging that I get the full power - as expected!
But if a second car plugs in at the paired stall the charging power drops to 70kW to 72kW instantly.
Which means I get equal priority to the car which arrived after me!
It uses to be that the second car gets only the power left for our two stalls (a total of 150kW at V2 Superchargers).
Does anyone has an insight when they changed how the Supercharger sharing works?

My hypothesis is that sometimes there is a bug with the power distribution system at V2 Superchargers. And when that bug occurs, it seems to default to 72kW splitting. Like "I can't properly control something, so the 'limp-mode' choices are 0kw, 72kw and 150kw"
Other times, the bug is severe enough that the pedestals just start acting like urban chargers.
Which is annoying, but I appreciate that the system doesn't just stop working, it tries to fail gracefully.

• Informative
Reactions: Helmuth