Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did this start, Tesla Texting Service Updates...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2016-3-16_12-32-55.png

Interesting. The few times I've had my car in for servicing, I've either gotten updates from the service advisor either by email or by phone. Personally I prefer these methods to a text, because more information can be conveyed (one of my service advisors wrote me a highly detailed, multi-paragraph email about some warranty concerns I had). Also I'm too cheap to have a texting plan for my cell, thus every text costs me like 10 cents.

Interesting. The few times I've had my car in for servicing, I've either gotten updates from the service advisor either by email or by phone. Personally I prefer these methods to a text, because more information can be conveyed (one of my service advisors wrote me a highly detailed, multi-paragraph email about some warranty concerns I had). Also I'm too cheap to have a texting plan for my cell, thus every text costs me like 10 cents.

I'm happy with either text or e-mail, rarely available by phone. I am surprised they didn't send anything asking for an opt in to receive text messages though, usually a normal protocol these days.

My service advisor has been doing this for a long time. I love it because I usually can't pick up the phone. He literally texts me the entire service invoice, with information on what issues were rectified, which parts are being replaced, etc. And if I want a status update on the car, I can just text him instead of having to call.

Example text update:
Rear drive unit replaced, air vent far left replaced. Corrected the window concern with the glass catching the trim on the front passenger side. So far we haven't heard anything with the liftgate when opening or closing. Creak noise above the drivers head been taking care off as well as the rattle near the b pillar. Engineers asked my technician to pull out a fuse to perform a hard reset to the instrument cluster to prevent the discoloration of the IC. Driver door handle had to be replaced. Firmware has been updated for the 3G signal and we reinitialized the master switch for the Windows. Right now car is being charged and ready for pick up.