Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did you order your 2020 Roadster ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved a founders series the night of the reveal. I am hoping that since this is a low volume car, they can get the first edition right. The first versions of the Model S and X needed work. It's interesting they call it Founder's series rather than Signature...

11/20/17 for base model.
Cancelled reservation last week - because of my bad experiences with Tesla Corporate Admin. around my early Perf. Model 3 buy.
Gotta take lessons from one's mistakes... :(
(Might jump in again - if they fix their problems! - a big IF...)

Update:

Wow - Tesla is quick! - To remove my referral code and my Roadster reservation from my online Tesla.com account! (I just noticed it. No telling how long it's been that way.) o_O Luckily I downloaded my proof of payment, and contract terms, and such before they stealthily deleted everything!

No refund yet, just a bit of online "ill will" from Tesla. Now the account only shows my lone Model 3. :(

See, they can act fast - when it comes to pissing customers off! :mad:

They ought to act fast in returning customers' payments. Only remove a long-held reservation (still earning interest at Wells Fargo) once the check is cashed and money transferred. - And why the hell remove a referral code valid to the end of the month? (Insult to injury?)

Tesla, Tesla, Tesla... You are not improving.... :confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: gowthamn
Are you always this self centered?
I can only present one person's experience - my "self-centered" one" - to the forum.
You can present one experience - your "self-centered" one - as well.
But wait, your presentation is also centered on me personally.

No matter, judge me all you want (I won't judge you, just yet) - but I will still call 'em as I see 'em.
When my money comes back I'll let the forum know - with or without all my self-centeredness... :cool:

PS: There was even some... altruistic?...advice in there: Don't delete online accounts till the money has transacted and the contract is closed. Just good basic business practice. How would you feel if you logged in and suddenly, without any notice, everything was deleted?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, when did you guys ordered your 2020 Roadster?

I ordered mine at the end of April 2018 so I am far from the front of the line. I wonder who is the earliest person on this forum that ordered the 2020 Roadster.

By the way, mine is the base version and not the Founders version.

November 2017. Base version also. I sent my deposit the week the car was announced but it took them time to acknowledge (11/29/17) my wire transfers of $5k (Nov 19th 2017) and 45k (Nov 20th, 2017).

Reactions: ICUDoc
I ordered in March then pulled deposit back. While I think it is extremely extremely unlikely I think there could be a nonzero chance based on all the bear hate talk who do have at least a few valid points that the company would file for bankruptcy and my deposit could disappear. I think it is extremely unlikely I dont want to risk it. Also, I'd imagine I wouldnt be able to get mine til around 2022 in which case I could probably turn that 50K into at least 75K with an average return in passive investing of 10% annually. Might pay for that space-X option by being a little more patient
I reserved mine in the first minute of the reservation portal during the announcement and sent my $50K via one-day wire transfer the next morning. However, I am in agreement with your thinking and just decided to cancel my reservation and properly invest the $50K in the meantime. While I believe bankruptcy not very likely, there is a possibility of this and I would hate to see my $50K dissappear. I'm still committed to the Roadster 2020 purchase. I'll just wait until it is actually released. Perhaps I'm only delayed a few months in receiving the car.

I reserved mine in the first minute of the reservation portal during the announcement and sent my $50K via one-day wire transfer the next morning. However, I am in agreement with your thinking and just decided to cancel my reservation and properly invest the $50K in the meantime. While I believe bankruptcy not very likely, there is a possibility of this and I would hate to see my $50K dissappear. I'm still committed to the Roadster 2020 purchase. I'll just wait until it is actually released. Perhaps I'm only delayed a few months in receiving the car.
What date was that (reservation portal opened)?

Out of curiosity, when did you guys ordered your 2020 Roadster?

I ordered mine at the end of April 2018 so I am far from the front of the line. I wonder who is the earliest person on this forum that ordered the 2020 Roadster.

By the way, mine is the base version and not the Founders version.

I ordered my regular 36 hrs after the nov17 reveal...So it was Nov 19 2017...should be a low number.
I ordered my Founders Feb 2019. I assume the founders will come up for fulfilment first based on history.

I ordered at the Semi reveal. I actually tried to send a cheque in before the reveal (that's how we got Model S 29), but they wouldn't accept it.
Wait, @ggr how did you know about the Roadster BEFORE the Semi-Reveal? There were only 300 people who knew (I was NOT one of them) and it was very top secret! In fact, when the semi-reveal was over, I turned to my buddy and said, "did that 'blow your mind' like Elon said it would?" ... then Franz came screeching out in the Roadster! :D