Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did you order your 2020 Roadster ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, @ggr how did you know about the Roadster BEFORE the Semi-Reveal? There were only 300 people who knew (I was NOT one of them) and it was very top secret! In fact, when the semi-reveal was over, I turned to my buddy and said, "did that 'blow your mind' like Elon said it would?" ... then Franz came screeching out in the Roadster! :D

We knew a Roadster was coming eventually because of the secret level that opened up in the referral program earlier in 2017. Nobody knew anything about the car itself until the Semi truck reveal, however.

Reactions: DrTaras
Afraid to look.. I ordered late. Originally I read about it, thought it was neat but read people had to put 250K down up front. That gave me pause for something that was "sight unseen". Then later a work mate told me there was a 50K down option and that it was 100% refundable. (assuming Telsa is still around, ..) Anyway the refundable part was key to me. So I think I was late to the game.

Just looked.. order date was 1/18/2018.

I'm not sure when the mission-e was announced but at the time it looked great on paper. So I reversed one of those too with the intention of only getting one of the cars. Right after that it was a bit of a ride since my ICE car was needing replaced. I was checking the web sites daily on both cars, and slowly decided the Porche car was turning out to be disappointment. And then decided I'm probably not going to see my roadster until 2022. I figured it will start delivers in 2021 with the first ones will go to Founders, then all the people whom ordered before me... So I ended up trading my ICE for a Model 3 P. This is just my (not really researched) opinion but I was feeling that the 3P was likely going to be a better car then the Porche Tycan.

Now.. the 3P is just fine for my needs. I don't really need a roadster. My wife thinks I'm crazy to spend 200K on a car... If it shows up in 2020 I'm not sure I would get it. If it comes in 2022 maybe I could convince myself it's time to upgrade from my 2.5 year old car. My previous new cars have been > 10 years.

• Love
Reactions: DrTaras
decided the Porche car was turning out to be disappointment. And then decided I'm probably not going to see my roadster until 2022. I figured it will start delivers in 2021 with the first ones will go to Founders​

I concur with your 2022 assessment tho, like you mentioned, its just a guess.
Curious about your Porsche Mission E (much cooler name)/Taycan assessment? I concur but wondering what YOUR reasons were? :)

Just sent deposits for base model 11/23 but it took till today for them to update my account confirming reservation. After numerous “chats” all confirming they received the wire, still no one had idea about updating my account the same. “Awaiting deposit”. Why is was so difficult to not have that updated upon receipt makes me curious. With so much technology you would think.....anyone else?

I'm hoping to reserve on 11/21.....after Elon hopefully announces a release date.

Would be cool to order two Tesla's (pickup and Roadster) at the same time.

No release date, no order. The stock market is killing it right now, so I'm not locking up money without knowing the timeframe for losing gains.

Reactions: kayleia
I reserved mine in the first minute of the reservation portal during the announcement and sent my $50K via one-day wire transfer the next morning. However, I am in agreement with your thinking and just decided to cancel my reservation and properly invest the $50K in the meantime. While I believe bankruptcy not very likely, there is a possibility of this and I would hate to see my $50K dissappear. I'm still committed to the Roadster 2020 purchase. I'll just wait until it is actually released. Perhaps I'm only delayed a few months in receiving the car.
The reservation portal was not open during the announcement

Commit a felony?:eek:
Sell a kidney?
083FF7A1-FD4F-4693-8852-7CE523199673.jpeg

Reactions: XLR82XS
Out of curiosity, when did you guys ordered your 2020 Roadster?

I ordered mine at the end of April 2018 so I am far from the front of the line. I wonder who is the earliest person on this forum that ordered the 2020 Roadster.

By the way, mine is the base version and not the Founders version.

I deposited 215k Euro on Roadster in 6/2018. I have the reservation number RN109146970. Is it possible to look somewhere in the waiting list? Delivery to Prague is expected in 2021.

I ordered my car the first day they made them available. I first ordered the Founders series but I changed it to the regular edition within days. I was told that this did not change my place in line. Hopefully, they're right. My reservation # is RN109066448. Does anyone have a number close to that? If so, when did you order?