TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When did you order your 2020 Roadster ?

Discussion in 'Roadster 2020+' started by SanDiegoGuy, Jun 4, 2018.

1. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

We knew a Roadster was coming eventually because of the secret level that opened up in the referral program earlier in 2017. Nobody knew anything about the car itself until the Semi truck reveal, however.

• Like x 1
  2. Sporty

Sporty Member

Afraid to look.. I ordered late. Originally I read about it, thought it was neat but read people had to put 250K down up front. That gave me pause for something that was "sight unseen". Then later a work mate told me there was a 50K down option and that it was 100% refundable. (assuming Telsa is still around, ..) Anyway the refundable part was key to me. So I think I was late to the game.

Just looked.. order date was 1/18/2018.

I'm not sure when the mission-e was announced but at the time it looked great on paper. So I reversed one of those too with the intention of only getting one of the cars. Right after that it was a bit of a ride since my ICE car was needing replaced. I was checking the web sites daily on both cars, and slowly decided the Porche car was turning out to be disappointment. And then decided I'm probably not going to see my roadster until 2022. I figured it will start delivers in 2021 with the first ones will go to Founders, then all the people whom ordered before me... So I ended up trading my ICE for a Model 3 P. This is just my (not really researched) opinion but I was feeling that the 3P was likely going to be a better car then the Porche Tycan.

Now.. the 3P is just fine for my needs. I don't really need a roadster. My wife thinks I'm crazy to spend 200K on a car... If it shows up in 2020 I'm not sure I would get it. If it comes in 2022 maybe I could convince myself it's time to upgrade from my 2.5 year old car. My previous new cars have been > 10 years.

• Love x 1
  3. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S->X->M3->M3P-->R2020?

I concur with your 2022 assessment tho, like you mentioned, its just a guess.
    Curious about your Porsche Mission E (much cooler name)/Taycan assessment? I concur but wondering what YOUR reasons were? :)

4. PIOOD

PIOOD Member

I would DO ANYTHING to get the 2020 Roadster. ANYTHING!!

5. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

Commit a felony?:eek:

6. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Sell a kidney?

7. PIOOD

PIOOD Member

If I commit a felony, you think it might help me get the 2020 Roadster? But my concern is that if I go to jail, then I might not be able to drive it! Maybe move it back and forth with the Tesla app if I can sneak in a smartphone!

8. PIOOD

PIOOD Member

What are the health consequences of giving up a kidney for the roadster? Maybe the roadster accelerates so fast, my kidney will fall out anyway!

9. XLR82XS

XLR82XS D M C

If you're convicted..... ;)

10. benflux

benflux Member

During the reveal, maybe 5-10 mins after it came out of the semi

• Like x 1
  11. Regent

Regent Closed

Just sent deposits for base model 11/23 but it took till today for them to update my account confirming reservation. After numerous “chats” all confirming they received the wire, still no one had idea about updating my account the same. “Awaiting deposit”. Why is was so difficult to not have that updated upon receipt makes me curious. With so much technology you would think.....anyone else?

12. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

I'm hoping to reserve on 11/21.....after Elon hopefully announces a release date.

Would be cool to order two Tesla's (pickup and Roadster) at the same time.

No release date, no order. The stock market is killing it right now, so I'm not locking up money without knowing the timeframe for losing gains.

• Like x 1
  13. membersonly316

membersonly316 New Member

Lol wow you guys ordered back in 2018!?

14. YALEDOC

YALEDOC New Member

The reservation portal was not open during the announcement

15. YALEDOC

YALEDOC New Member

• Like x 1
  16. ecriso

ecriso New Member

Feb 2019

• Love x 1
  17. AMPd

AMPd Active Member

083FF7A1-FD4F-4693-8852-7CE523199673.jpeg

• Like x 1
  18. regresnik

regresnik Member

I deposited 215k Euro on Roadster in 6/2018. I have the reservation number RN109146970. Is it possible to look somewhere in the waiting list? Delivery to Prague is expected in 2021.

19. jkfar

jkfar New Member

I ordered my car the first day they made them available. I first ordered the Founders series but I changed it to the regular edition within days. I was told that this did not change my place in line. Hopefully, they're right. My reservation # is RN109066448. Does anyone have a number close to that? If so, when did you order?

20. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S->X->M3->M3P-->R2020?

Still concur with this guess from a year ago. In fact just had to get into a M3P short term lease to bridge the gap!​