Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did you order your 2020 Roadster ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, when did you guys ordered your 2020 Roadster?

I ordered mine at the end of April 2018 so I am far from the front of the line. I wonder who is the earliest person on this forum that ordered the 2020 Roadster.

By the way, mine is the base version and not the Founders version.

I agree it would be interesting to see the pattern of orders. I think a lot of people ordered in the first two days. But how many, and how many are ordering later (as you did) I don’t know. I am not sure we can tell from a poll here. I think you will get the equivalent of a 2013 Model S, with some of the kinks worked out.

I ordered in March then pulled deposit back. While I think it is extremely extremely unlikely I think there could be a nonzero chance based on all the bear hate talk who do have at least a few valid points that the company would file for bankruptcy and my deposit could disappear. I think it is extremely unlikely I dont want to risk it. Also, I'd imagine I wouldnt be able to get mine til around 2022 in which case I could probably turn that 50K into at least 75K with an average return in passive investing of 10% annually. Might pay for that space-X option by being a little more patient

I ordered in March then pulled deposit back. While I think it is extremely extremely unlikely I think there could be a nonzero chance based on all the bear hate talk who do have at least a few valid points that the company would file for bankruptcy and my deposit could disappear. I think it is extremely unlikely I dont want to risk it. Also, I'd imagine I wouldnt be able to get mine til around 2022 in which case I could probably turn that 50K into at least 75K with an average return in passive investing of 10% annually. Might pay for that space-X option by being a little more patient

The bankruptcy theory is actually fake news.
Nobody informed and objective will make any bankruptcy claim, try and find any credible source and you won't.Tesla going under is as fake as global warming being a hoax.
Tesla might need some more cash at some point but that's not an issue at all.
If they take debt , nobody really cares, if they go with dilution, that''s what some are worried about as it impacts share price and even that is a bit of trolling cos Tesla has no reason to do it that way. They got 60B market cap, even if they dilute 10% for 6B in cash, it's 100 million miles away from bankruptcy - and ofc they won't raise that much cash or do it that way.

If a shareholder, the main concern should be sustained demand for M3 and MY as there can be doubt about that, at least before they share more data about new orders.
As a buyer, there should not be any concern at all about bankruptcy. Delivery date, reliability for the first cars off the prod line, that's fair.
Granted, put 50k in Tesla stock today and by the time the roadster hits retail, you'll have enough money to buy one and that's a much better deal.

Reactions: CarlK
The bankruptcy theory is actually fake news.
Nobody informed and objective will make any bankruptcy claim, try and find any credible source and you won't.Tesla going under is as fake as global warming being a hoax.
Tesla might need some more cash at some point but that's not an issue at all.
If they take debt , nobody really cares, if they go with dilution, that''s what some are worried about as it impacts share price and even that is a bit of trolling cos Tesla has no reason to do it that way. They got 60B market cap, even if they dilute 10% for 6B in cash, it's 100 million miles away from bankruptcy - and ofc they won't raise that much cash or do it that way.

If a shareholder, the main concern should be sustained demand for M3 and MY as there can be doubt about that, at least before they share more data about new orders.
As a buyer, there should not be any concern at all about bankruptcy. Delivery date, reliability for the first cars off the prod line, that's fair.
Granted, put 50k in Tesla stock today and by the time the roadster hits retail, you'll have enough money to buy one and that's a much better deal.
well that would work even better, wait an extra year and get a roadster for 50K

Reactions: Ulmo
well that would work even better, wait an extra year and get a roadster for 50K

Yeah and i am not j/k about that. As long as demand is there and they mess up a bit less, it's not unrealistic. If they ship 700-800k M3 and MY in 2020 , and 2021 expectations for maybe 200k more 3&Y +pick up truck adding some, share price does quadruple by 2020, if not better. Car as a service is a potential upside if they manage autonomy by then. They need great products to sustain growth and they'll do just fine.
Ofc do your own research and all that before investing in anything.

I’m not sure why people are still believing that bankruptcy fallacy.

Reactions: EinSV
Last week! I owned original Roadster #235, then a Roaster 2.0, then Signature Model S #277, a 2015 P85D and I now have a brand new Model S P100. This will be my sixth Tesla (one at a time), although who knows if I'll get another one before the new Roadster ships!

• Helpful
Reactions: SilverShadow