Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do I get full power?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question. Assuming I had just parked the car for 10 hours and I had just charged the car to 90% (let say cold battery). Do I get full power on my first initial acceleration run or does it have to warm up the battery? How many times do I have with the battery before I start to lose power? I know on my B250 EV, there is a power gauge and they cut power after certain amount of full throttle time. Does anyone what the Tesla gives you?

Thanks

Quick question. Assuming I had just parked the car for 10 hours and I had just charged the car to 90% (let say cold battery). Do I get full power on my first initial acceleration run or does it have to warm up the battery? How many times do I have with the battery before I start to lose power? I know on my B250 EV, there is a power gauge and they cut power after certain amount of full throttle time. Does anyone what the Tesla gives you?

Thanks
Definitely takes a few Acceleration runs to get the battery warmer and this will allow more optimal conditions for higher KWh Power and faster accelerations. I’ve tested my car using the VBOX and these are my conclusions. Also, when the battery temps go too far past 50 degrees celcius the power starts to drop off till it cools down and if it gets too hot it goes to a very conservative Mode.

What kind of car? On the P100D you can use the "Max Battery Power" button, otherwise you'd need to either supercharge or Do some spirited driving to get the battery temp up to about 40C. With a device that will read the CAN bus you can actually see exactly how much power is available.

I have done 5 back to back runs, I notice car usually slows down after about the 4th or 5th time. Are you seeing that?
I have a video up on my YouTube channel regarding Acceleration runs in Ludicrous +. I’m going to have another one up soon just in Ludicrous. The times do get higher if pushing the car back to back constantly, but can come back after a bit of normal driving.
Aleksey Bubis

What kind of car? On the P100D you can use the "Max Battery Power" button, otherwise you'd need to either supercharge or Do some spirited driving to get the battery temp up to about 40C. With a device that will read the CAN bus you can actually see exactly how much power is available.
So the batteries' sweet spot is 40 degrees centigrade or 104 degrees fahrenheit?