Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do I give up on expecting $TSLA short term appreciation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me be clear, I am invested in $TSLA for the long term, along with some other single stocks (and market ETFs for t most the rest). However, I allocate a certain % of funds into higher risk/reward ventures with shorter-term horizons. In the past year, year and a half I have put most of that shorter term money into $TSLA with the hope of high appreciation this year. Obviously the 6+month delay in Model 3 has hampered that bet.

However here we are, nearing 5000 / week sustained production, with the hope that some combination of profits / new products / revenue streams will be announced that will put the stock up. Heck the CEO has even given a timeline for a spike in appreciation!

But at what point do you think there are better short term bets out there? Say China, Energy, Model Y news, and Q3 profitability are announced in the next 4 months, and the stock is still below $400. Time to bounce?

As an example, I moved short term money out of ILMN after good appreciation to put in TSLA, and so far that was a mistake.

Let me be clear, I am invested in $TSLA for the long term, along with some other single stocks (and market ETFs for t most the rest). However, I allocate a certain % of funds into higher risk/reward ventures with shorter-term horizons. In the past year, year and a half I have put most of that shorter term money into $TSLA with the hope of high appreciation this year. Obviously the 6+month delay in Model 3 has hampered that bet.

However here we are, nearing 5000 / week sustained production, with the hope that some combination of profits / new products / revenue streams will be announced that will put the stock up. Heck the CEO has even given a timeline for a spike in appreciation!

But at what point do you think there are better short term bets out there? Say China, Energy, Model Y news, and Q3 profitability are announced in the next 4 months, and the stock is still below $400. Time to bounce?

As an example, I moved short term money out of ILMN after good appreciation to put in TSLA, and so far that was a mistake.
IMO, TSLA has extremely strong potential to climb substantially over the next 12 months. It may continue to be rangebound for several months. No one has a crystal ball, but I will personally be surprised if TSLA is still rangebound by November. I have to admit though that I didn't think it would stay rangebound to this point.

IMO, TSLA has extremely strong potential to climb substantially over the next 12 months. It may continue to be rangebound for several months. No one has a crystal ball, but I will personally be surprised if TSLA is still rangebound by November. I have to admit though that I didn't think it would stay rangebound to this point.

I totally agree with what bdy0627 said, worth waiting to see this realized before end of 2018

A few months ago, you had the opportunity to buy for 244. You had the opportunity to sell a couple weeks ago for 373, better than a 50% gain in a few months.

On July 5, you could have bought for 296. I suspect we’ll hit a 50% gain on that (444) within a few months. I could be wrong— it could be a few years, or it could be never— but there’s plenty of short term appreciation. But good luck figuring out the bottoms & tops.

Reactions: bdy0627 and neroden