Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do OpenStreetMap.org updates get...updated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to show my friend Smart Summon at a parking lot near me. The car stopped at an intersection and refused to move any closer because it thought the rest of the parking lot was a main road. I checked it out on openstreetmap.org and discovered the parking lot road was incorrectly categorized. I created an account and fixed it a week ago. However, my Tesla still thinks it's a main road. When do the maps get updated? Is there a way to force it to update?

I could be wrong but once we found this out, you used to be able to update openstreetmaps and it would work immediately. It no longer does that for some reason. Maybe they might be playing it a little safer in case someone goes around messing up the maps. A little disappointing though since it made smart summon a little more usable

I tried to show my friend Smart Summon at a parking lot near me. The car stopped at an intersection and refused to move any closer because it thought the rest of the parking lot was a main road. I checked it out on openstreetmap.org and discovered the parking lot road was incorrectly categorized. I created an account and fixed it a week ago. However, my Tesla still thinks it's a main road. When do the maps get updated? Is there a way to force it to update?
Does the car need its map updated?