Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do you expect TSLA to pass AAPL valuation?

Votes: 1 1.1%

Votes: 12 13.2%

Votes: 18 19.8%

Votes: 17 18.7%

Votes: 19 20.9%

Votes: 6 6.6%

Votes: 3 3.3%

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 2030+

• Never

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe when they can get someone at the C-level who can consistently deliver vehicles to meet demand without a year-long wait?

(I’m looking at you, refreshed Model S)

In other words, they would need to operate like Apple before a valuation takeover happens. And that appears to be a long, long, long ways off.

• Funny
Reactions: LightngMcQueen
It is still early in the poll, but I am surprised of the many pessimistic votes.

IMO TSLA is worth more than AAPL. Not everybody seems to agree at this point.

If you had to invest now, would you prefer to invest in

a) AAPL or
b) TSLA

I believe the markets will discover the value of TSLA in the not so far future.
Depends on your investment strategy and risk tolerance.

Do you think Tesla can solve all the issues currently plaguing the company? Before competition comes along and wipes them out? Any good will and brand loyalty they had built up has to be gone at this stage. They are “winning” solely based on the fact there is no viable alternative. But that is not going to be the case in 2-3 years. And what happens then? I know personally I will not forget the way I have been treated as a customer from 2015-present.

Does Tim Cook think AAPL is overvalued?

I voted 2030+. It will happen, but it is a long way out IMHO.
AAPL current market cap of $2.551T will not stand still. APPL has tripled over the last two years. If APPL doubles from here over the next five years that puts them at $5T.
TSLA current market cap of $0.735T will need TSLA to go up 6.8X in five years (Sept 2026) just to keep pace. Far too agressive in my opinion.
Teslas are currently for the rich, whereby iPhones are for the masses. Also, Apple will likely get into the EV FSD business within the next five years as they have the resources to buy their way in by poaching Tesla employees and suppliers.

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Depends on your investment strategy and risk tolerance.

Do you think Tesla can solve all the issues currently plaguing the company? Before competition comes along and wipes them out? Any good will and brand loyalty they had built up has to be gone at this stage. They are “winning” solely based on the fact there is no viable alternative. But that is not going to be the case in 2-3 years. And what happens then? I know personally I will not forget the way I have been treated as a customer from 2015-present.

Does Tim Cook think AAPL is overvalued?
It will be the case in 2-3 years. OEMs are dying, they're not catching up. That leaves 2-3 Chinese companies that will make it, but all of them combined won't be matchings Tesla's pace of expansion.

• Disagree
Reactions: glide
AAPL current market cap of $2.551T will not stand still. APPL has tripled over the last two years. If APPL doubles from here over the next five years that puts them at $5T.
TSLA current market cap of $0.735T will need TSLA to go up 6.8X in five years (Sept 2026) just to keep pace. Far too agressive in my opinion.
Teslas are currently for the rich, whereby iPhones are for the masses. Also, Apple will likely get into the EV FSD business within the next five years as they have the resources to buy their way in by poaching Tesla employees and suppliers.
I'm spotting AAPL a 10% growth rate and I think that's generous after the runup you point out. I'm not anticipating much innovation from Apple. I'm spotting TSLA a 35% growth rate and I think that's modest since we know they are both innovating and pushing the pace. With 10% growth from AAPL and 35 percent growth for Tesla, the intersection is 2027. I'm going to vote 2026 because I think the "market" is still going to have another ah ha moment with Tesla.

The iPhone SE is $499, the Tesla model 2 will be starting $25,000, Model 3 is $39,000
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is $1699, the Tesla Model S Plaid is $135,000

Both companies have an entry price for the masses and both have luxury options.

Reactions: ammulder and Sofie
I'm spotting AAPL a 10% growth rate and I think that's generous after the runup you point out. I'm not anticipating much innovation from Apple. I'm spotting TSLA a 35% growth rate and I think that's modest since we know they are both innovating and pushing the pace. With 10% growth from AAPL and 35 percent growth for Tesla, the intersection is 2027. I'm going to vote 2026 because I think the "market" is still going to have another ah ha moment with Tesla.
Apple will probably have to give up some of the rake in services and wallstreet loves that service revenue. But Apple are clever, they probably have a lot of ideas. Imo it seems they are also suffering from the chip supply issues, otherwise I think they would have gone full steam ahead with M1-style MacPros already. Next big thing will probably be AR-glasses, will see if that ever takes off, not sure if I would want to use them.

Pretty much everyone I know who owns a Tesla, mostly Models 3 & Y would laugh at the comment they are rich.

Reactions: phantasms
um, main investor thread, reminder about 2015 ?tweet? with recent follow up by Elon Musk
2015, Elon said by 2025 Tesla then worth $25 billion would be worth $700 billion which was AAPL valuation

2021, TSLA worth $700 billion, 4 years early. “log phase growth” S curve.
i voted 2023 with some trepidation but grasped the nettle (mixed metaphor?) for TSLA>AAPL in $

(a lot of random folks in the next few weeks/months)

”golly, look at those caveman go!! higher than the ISS (well, 4 of them), how can i invest in SpaceX? can’t, huh!, well how can i invest in Elon?, ok, buy the children, grandchildren, myself a piece of the future, TSLA”
(pressure for a stock split?)

Reactions: OrthoSurg and Sofie
um, main investor thread, reminder about 2015 ?tweet? with recent follow up by Elon Musk
2015, Elon said by 2025 Tesla then worth $25 billion would be worth $700 billion which was AAPL valuation

2021, TSLA worth $700 billion, 4 years early. “log phase growth” S curve.
i voted 2023 with some trepidation but grasped the nettle (mixed metaphor?) for TSLA>AAPL in $

(a lot of random folks in the next few weeks/months)

”golly, look at those caveman go!! higher than the ISS (well, 4 of them), how can i invest in SpaceX? can’t, huh!, well how can i invest in Elon?, ok, buy the children, grandchildren, myself a piece of the future, TSLA”
(pressure for a stock split?)
I’ll take 2023! 👏🏼