Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do you receive your $500 credit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model S yesterday, and got my free supercharging. The referral link I used also qualified me for the $500 accessories credit, and I'm just wondering how long it takes to receive that after delivery? And how do you know when you have it and how do you use it? Does tesla email it to you?

I picked up my model S yesterday, and got my free supercharging. The referral link I used also qualified me for the $500 accessories credit, and I'm just wondering how long it takes to receive that after delivery? And how do you know when you have it and how do you use it? Does tesla email it to you?
I also would like to know. But I am also wondering for Europe how to make use of that credit as there is no online shop like in the US. And the US shop doesn't ship to Europe. So in Europe you probably need to drive to a store to spend your credit.

In the US, I’ve been told that I need to go into a service center or showroom to use my $500 credit. Something about difficulty aligning the Tesla credits with the separate company that runs the Tesla online shop. Not exactly a seamless experience.

In the US, I’ve been told that I need to go into a service center or showroom to use my $500 credit. Something about difficulty aligning the Tesla credits with the separate company that runs the Tesla online shop. Not exactly a seamless experience.
I was told the opposite. That I can use the credit online since I live 2 hours from an SC. And they’ll just ship right to me.

Just reviving this thread - I was also referred and I'm supposed to get the $500 accessory credit - there does not seem to be a definitive answer on how one gets that credit... Does it show up in your tesla.com account somehow? Or do I just show up at the service center? Call my OA?

If you've had any luck getting this $500 credit in the US for a referral purchase, let us know!

I was told by my service center that I would receive an email when I receive the credit and how to redeem it. Still waiting...
Hi, I received my vehicle last week and my DS confirmed my $500 credit has been applied to my account. She even sent me a screenshot. You have to order through the service department. I would contact your DS or the service deparment to confirm you received your credit.

Reactions: Bebop
Hey if this helps, I just spoke to one of the sales reps in a NJ service center and he said the $500 credit was showing up in my account "internally" on his computer, so he took my order for a complete set of Model X floor mats that I will pick up in 1-2 weeks. I only need to pay the difference from the total price vs. the $500 credit when I pick them up. Mystery solved!

When will you get your $500 credit? Well... it's a little like the steering wheel when AP is turned on. You have to "nudge" 'em every 20 seconds or so. I don't know when and where it is supposed to show up in your account but after reaching out to them a couple times, was told to just go to or call the SC. Allegedly, they can see it in my account and will order whatever you want to be ordered and sent to the house. Still not sure if I want to use it toward my first service or pick up the CHAdeMO adapter.

As a side note, I ordered the tire pressure/repair kit online. After a few days, I reached out to them for information about the delivery (spoiled by Amazon). Never got a reply from the bums until three days after I received the kit. They simply said;

"Thank you for reaching out to Tesla. Per FedEx tracking 7xxxxxxxxxxx, this was delivered on 7/25.
Regards,
Vehicle Accessories | North America
45500 Fremont Blvd., Fremont, CA 94555
e [email protected]"

Ah, ya. Thanks anyway.