Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does Extended Service Agreement Period Begin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! Looking to purchase a higher mileage but still within new vehicle warranty Model X directly from Tesla

"Which vehicles are eligible for an Extended Service Agreement?
Model S and Model X produced 2012-2020, subject to the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, are eligible for an Extended Service Agreement within the eligible purchase period."

from the above, it looks like the vehicle will still be eligible for me to purchase the ESA (even though the Used Car Advisor I've been speaking to had no idea that an ESA even exists, and when I pointed out the page to him, he told me that you only have until 180 days after delivery to purchase :rolleyes:)

for my own assurance, just wanted to see if anyone has first hand experience doing this, and also if the ESA gets tacked on to the end of the included Used Car warranty (ie , if I have 1 month left of New Vehicle Warranty, plus included 12 months Used Vehicle Warranty, and I purchased 24 months ESA...will I have a total of 37 months of warranty?).

Thanks!

From the FAQ on the page you linked to:

What is the Tesla Extended Service Agreement?
Extended Service Agreements cover the repair or replacement necessary to correct defects in the materials or workmanship of most parts manufactured or supplied by Tesla during the coverage period, excluding the lithium-ion battery and drive unit, which have their own separate warranty. Coverage is based upon the purchased agreement option and takes effect on the date that your original New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.

So it seems like the Used Vehicle Warranty doesn't matter. Of course, you would have to read the actual agreement to know for sure. (Which I assume they show you before you purchase it.)

I would probably look at getting a service agreement from X-Care since it likely wouldn't have that problem. (@X-Care EV how would your plan work with the used vehicle warranty from Tesla?)