Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does Life begin?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my mind, my car "came to life" yesterday - for the first time the mobile app recognized the vehicle, displayed the VIN, and directed me to activate from the touchscreen. Realizing we all come from different backgrounds, I would expect many differing thoughts on this issue...

Life begins at...

I'd have to argue that it begins at the time that the MVPA is finalized, because at that point you can't back out without penalty of law.
penalty of $$

The car is alive, not you.
The cars come alive when they are at or near the final test area on the bamboo platform from what I've heard and seen at the factory. I would say this is when your S is alive but it resuscitates you when it arrives and then you are alive too :biggrin:

penalty of $$

The car is alive, not you.
The cars come alive when they are at or near the final test area on the bamboo platform from what I've heard and seen at the factory. I would say this is when your S is alive but it resuscitates you when it arrives and then you are alive too :biggrin:

Contract law. :)

At the risk of things getting too political, I was attempting a rather cheeky comparison to the socially-charged argument of when human life begins - and therefore when a parent can no longer make a choice to back out of the responsibility.

I admit my irreverence, and caution everyone against saying things that would have no effect but would end up in the snippiness thread. :)

When I was called to schedule a pickup I couldn't go for a few days so I asked the DS to please go activate the mobile app in the car. He did and when I was able to see the car parked and charging it all began! Than after sitting in the car at pickup and setting my driver profile it really hit me, this is real....enjoy my friend...