Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does model year in VIN change to next year?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered a MY LR and it shows delivery Oct 2022 to Jan 2023.

Question is when does Tesla flip the model year when building vehicles? The model year is baked into the VIN so they must at some point flip to the next model year. When does that happen in most years?

If I remember correctly from the most recent model year change, it was 11/1/2021. MY's built in Oct vs Nov were the same other than the VIN. All MY with 2022 start with 7 as first digit, it was 5 before as in mine. More features were added in Jan 2022 so some of early 2022 MY did not have them.

If I remember correctly from the most recent model year change, it was 11/1/2021. MY's built in Oct vs Nov were the same other than the VIN. All MY with 2022 start with 7 as first digit, it was 5 before as in mine. More features were added in Jan 2022 so some of early 2022 MY did not have them.
Adding (or more likely, deleting) features has no relation to model year in the world of Tesla..... They just do it whenever it strikes them (or 'data indicates low usage' :cool: )...