Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does my car start responding to API requests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Custom car on order. Delivery sometime the week before Christmas.

Just wondering when the car will start responding to API requests. Like, for instance, I have an account at evtripping.com where I can give it my tesla login info and it will supposedly talk to the car for info.

When will the car actually be responsive? Do I have to do something on the car console for it to sync up, or will it happen before I even physically see it?

Another example.. teslafi. I'm planning to have TeslaFI going from mile 1 on the car. Can I expect teslafi to be able to connect to the car before I get there, or how does all of that work?

Thanks much! Just another excited future owner here.

It takes a few hours up to a couple of days after delivery for the systems to sync up. But definitely won't be before delivery.

You probably won't get it from Mile#1.. but within the first few days, for sure. As soon as your mobile app can connect to the car, all the other third-party apps will too. So you can use that as a guide.

Congrats on your car!

good to know. My first day plans include driving to a different town, supercharging a bit, and then leaving it at a detail shop. Sounds like it won't be the end of the world if I don't have the teslafi data for that time period. But it sure would be cool to have ALL the data. Oh well.