TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

When does summer end?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwa, Sep 4, 2015.

1. bwa

bwa Member

#1 bwa, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    I'm in California, near Tesla Fremont, so to me summer is a silly concept, and I have no idea when it begins and ends. At work all day yesterday I was bombarded with a cold wind from the north. Just now, I saw on Powerwall Tesla web page, deliveries will begin in summer. It doesn't say which summer, so let's at least be optimistic and try the presumption "the most close one in the future". If we look at California's definition of summer, let's go with: not rain season. So, that's effectively about a decade right now. I'm ok with that interpretation. But it seems very nonspecific.

Perhaps what I'd prefer is a more precise claim of intent and prediction on the part of Tesla as to when it would ship, such as a count of days, or even a calendar month type thing, which has more definition.

Elon Musk comes from South Africa, so summer there could also be never-ending, or it may be one of those places that has its summer, but since it is in the southern hemisphere, that would be around January.

2. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

The latest investor call transcript pushed out deliveries for Tesla Energy storage products to 2015Q4 at the earliest. That's starting from 1 october. Personally I think private buyers are more likely looking at early 2016 as the earliest possible delivery date.

3. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Welcome to Tesla Time! Did they claim summer of which year? :)

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

When does summer end?

...when the kids go back to school...:wink:

5. tezzla

tezzla Member

When does summer end?

The day we get AutoPilot