Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

when does the ACH payment option open up on your account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

crackers8199

May 31, 2015
SoCal
things have moved very fast, almost a little too fast...i'm financing through tesla, got my delivery scheduled for monday. my account still says they're drafting my contract and will let me know when i can make the final payment, but my main bank is online only and the remainder of the down payment is coming from the east coast - and to make things worse, obviously the weekends aren't business days. obviously i have to make the down payment before taking delivery on monday afternoon, but i can't get a cashiers check before then since there's no branch nearby for me to get one from. i've been trying for the past 48 hours or so to get in touch with my delivery advisor, without any luck.

those of you who have paid in full via ACH or also made downpayment via ACH, what should i be expecting here? i'm starting to get a little worried that we will have to delay because the money won't be here in time...

Exactly 3.5 hours before scheduled delivery. I was literally refreshing my browser every 30 minutes for the last 24 hours. ;)

The good news is that once you initiate the ACH payment, your account is immediately updated to show as payment received. No need to wait for the payment to actually clear/post.

• Informative
Reactions: Robert831
I picked up my car from the Fremont, CA delivery center earlier this month. Paid in full with cash; no financing so this is slightly different from your case. My ISA said I could use a cashiers check or execute an ACH payment at delivery, thus I'm not sure if the ACH option appeared in my account before pickup.

In my opinion, as long as the funds are in your bank account prior to arriving at the delivery center, you can submit an ACH payment when you pick up your car. The delivery guy had me sign into my account and the ACH payment was there. You only need to provide the banking information and it should go through right away. My bank recorded the transaction a couple of days later.