Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does the Honeymoon end ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model x is my first Tesla. I'm so in love with the car but at the same time i'm so paranoid about everything with it. Everytime I hit a pot hole or bump on the road it literally hurts me more than the car. I'm super careful at parking spots freaking out people could scratch it. And FORGET about giving the car to a valet guy. Not going to happen. I'm super paranoid now about leaving my car at a car wash to. When will this end and will I feel its just a car ? I never felt this attachment to anything mecanical. Ever. WTF is wrong with me ? is this normal Tesla owner behavior ? :eek:

Obviously you should hand wash it yourself. Two bucket method with optimum no rinse.

I try not to freak out about the potential of damage, but at the same time I am far more choosy about my parking spots. Whenever possible park with no cars on either side, otherwise find the spot with the most room on each side.

Definitely come up with excuses to drive the car. From reading the forums it sounds like pretty normal Tesla owner behavior.

I have had my X 90D for two weeks and two days. So far over 1200 miles (my old car got about 10K miles total over the last year). Any excuse to drive it, run an errand, etc. I log in to the app to check on it every few hours if I'm not driving it.

I am getting Xpel and Opti-coat on it - but held off as I didn't want to be without it. I drop it off Saturday morning before I leave town, it will be ready when I come back the end of the week.

My friends, my wife, my kids, my co-workers...all "wonder" about me!

Evidently, this is "normal"...and I am loving every minute of it.

Dan

I have had my X 90D for two weeks and two days. So far over 1200 miles (my old car got about 10K miles total over the last year). Any excuse to drive it, run an errand, etc. I log in to the app to check on it every few hours if I'm not driving it.

I am getting Xpel and Opti-coat on it - but held off as I didn't want to be without it. I drop it off Saturday morning before I leave town, it will be ready when I come back the end of the week.

My friends, my wife, my kids, my co-workers...all "wonder" about me!

Evidently, this is "normal"...and I am loving every minute of it.

Dan
Haha, I did the same thing with the XPEL, but I went with CQuartz while I was on vacation. I randomly check the Tesla App even when I know it is in my garage. And I've had my X for almost 5 months (over 6,000 miles so far). Sorry this disease doesn't seem to have a cure. Maybe we need to start a kickstarter to fund research. ;-)

You sound very normal to me. I will report the same behavior. The thought of taking it in to the SC depressed me, so I scheduled it during vacation. I will create errands to take it for a spin (we have not run out of milk since we got the MX 2 weeks ago). I feel obligated to drive using autopilot to benefit the network. There is a strict no food/drink rule in the MX. Not sure if this one is normal, I have on more than a couple occasions, come in to the house after just sitting in the MX, to find the alarm has been set and everyone is in bed. I hope it doesn't end, I drive so much on a daily basis, I have also noticed I have been getting to work a lot earlier since owning T-reX :D (kids named it). My youngest giggles in the seat behind me everytime I do a hard push on the throttle. :) I woke up to 2 more miles of rated range, little things like that will keep the honeymoon going!

It never ends... We got our S on 6/8/2013 and drover our previous vehichle about 8,500 miles per year. The S now has 54k and just turned three years old and still love it! You will love driving it and not want to drive anything else!

'Eve' now gets to take a rest in our garage while we drive our X (love it!) and really is the only vehicle that would make us not like our S. ;)

IMG_20160618_101207.jpg

IMG_20160618_120803.jpg

I'm super paranoid now about leaving my car at a car wash too.
Track down a mobile car wash service.They will come to your home or office and take care of your baby. It runs about $25 for mine, and the two guys know how to treat the car. Worth a shot.

Oh, the honeymoon?, I don't think I've left the suite since we got hitched. Are we supposed to?

• Funny
Reactions: SSD420
Let us know how they respond. I'll be dealing with the same service center when mine arrives and hoping you have a positive experience. This will be my first Tesla, too.

Service center has been great all along. Car has no issues except the windshield which is something the corporate side has to fix sending a perfect new glass. That is what has me a bit scared that the supplier is not yet delivering perfect windshields.

Service center has been great all along. Car has no issues except the windshield which is something the corporate side has to fix sending a perfect new glass. That is what has me a bit scared that the supplier is not yet delivering perfect windshields.

Great to know that you've been pleased with their attitude and service to date. Looking forward to picking up my car in two weeks!

Track down a mobile car wash service.They will come to your home or office and take care of your baby. It runs about $25 for mine, and the two guys know how to treat the car. Worth a shot.

Oh, the honeymoon?, I don't think I've left the suite since we got hitched. Are we supposed to?

Off topic, but who do you use for mobile washes in your area? I'm in OC and I'm looking to have someone come out and clean my car too!