Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does version 7.0 beta come out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As is disclosing that you are a beta tester and have signed the non-disclosure. So how would someone say Tesla is "on track"? That would disclose they were a beta tester.

You could say: My friend's gardener's wife's brother said he has it installed already! or just say a DS said so (so it must be true).

I test Tesla's sensors every day when I park in my garage. I have a generous 3 inches of space before I crash into my garage stairs (i've installed floor bumpers just in case). I can tell you with certainty that the sensors can't/don't pick up something as short as 6 inch curbs successfully. In fact, it can only sense the second stair step, which is above 6 inches. I was surprised/disappointed by this, given most cars including my RAM 1500 have very accurate sensors. In fact, many times my Tesla freaks out screaming STOP when I'm still a reasonable distance from an object... I think this car is near perfect, but the sensors comparably (for me at least) underwhelming and even the eagle eye view isn't very helpful.
Interesting! My work stall has a 6" bumper block on the pavement, about three feet from the building wall. As I approach the stall, it looks like the bumper block is seen and a distance is shown on my screen. As I get closer, the distance counts down, but then disappears completely, replaced by the wall (I assume). This happens around 18" if I recall correctly.

What's interesting is, as I creep the next bit forward toward the bumper block, I'll get a STOP! message perhaps a foot or just less from the block. Still plenty of space to the wall. It's as if the system still knows that bumper block is there and counts down with an alternate measuring method... odometer or distance to wall... who knows. My impression is that just because the obstacle is below the view of the sensors, it hasn't necessarily been forgotten.

It would be nice to fully understand what's going on... and know whether this is the case and can be trusted... or not!

Interesting! My work stall has a 6" bumper block on the pavement, about three feet from the building wall. As I approach the stall, it looks like the bumper block is seen and a distance is shown on my screen. As I get closer, the distance counts down, but then disappears completely, replaced by the wall (I assume). This happens around 18" if I recall correctly.

What's interesting is, as I creep the next bit forward toward the bumper block, I'll get a STOP! message perhaps a foot or just less from the block. Still plenty of space to the wall. It's as if the system still knows that bumper block is there and counts down with an alternate measuring method... odometer or distance to wall... who knows. My impression is that just because the obstacle is below the view of the sensors, it hasn't necessarily been forgotten.

It would be nice to fully understand what's going on... and know whether this is the case and can be trusted... or not!

Same here.

Can we get a picture of what you're talking about?

Of a bumper block? Google image search

Unless you want to see my particular one... mine might not be 6", maybe 4-5", because I can barely clear the nose over it without having the mudflaps (or whatever those 2 things sticking out in front of the wheels are) touching it.

Of a bumper block? Google image search

Unless you want to see my particular one... mine might not be 6", maybe 4-5", because I can barely clear the nose over it without having the mudflaps (or whatever those 2 things sticking out in front of the wheels are) touching it.

I think I misread your post. I thought you were describing a new UI on the touchscreen related to v7.0

UI Refresh

I took a test drive last week, and the sales rep told me that they were about to do a refresh on the UI to make it look more "updated".

Have there been any leaks or announcements about what this refresh is going to look like, or do you think he was just assuming that 7.0 will include a spruce-up because major releases always do?

I took a test drive last week, and the sales rep told me that they were about to do a refresh on the UI to make it look more "updated".

Have there been any leaks or announcements about what this refresh is going to look like, or do you think he was just assuming that 7.0 will include a spruce-up because major releases always do?

To answer your question about leaks versus people just assuming there will be a refresh, the consensus seems to be that the display shown during the D event was what 7.0 will look like. You can see it in the video of the D event, and in threads here.

Woo hoo! Can't wait! Hope it goes well beyond the steering display and the entire UI on the main display unit is refreshed quite a bit too with a lot of our ideas for improvements. It'll be cool seeing how fast the new version downloads across the community to new cars and in what order if any (although will be painful to wait towards end). :)

Sigs are still waiting for value-add as well, though I guess it wasn't Elon specifically that promised that. Visors?

Don't forget the internal music storage or the car as a Wifi access point, and other things I'm sure someone else will remember.

(PS before someone comes to the defense of not delivering on these things, I don't care how useful or not those things would be they were promised at one point and never delivered on.)

Don't forget the internal music storage or the car as a Wifi access point, and other things I'm sure someone else will remember.

(PS before someone comes to the defense of not delivering on these things, I don't care how useful or not those things would be they were promised at one point and never delivered on.)

Haha, that's right. I actually could use both. I hate loading up my USB stick. I'd rather just sync from my PC anytime I add new music. Would also be nice if we didn't have to power up a Sprint hotspot any time the iPad needed an internet connection. The last 3 Audis we've owned had hotspot functionality. Is it that hard? (though to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if it were part of some deal with AT&T not to provide it)

Haha, that's right. I actually could use both. I hate loading up my USB stick. I'd rather just sync from my PC anytime I add new music.

I'd be satisfied with a USB port concealed in the trunk or somewhere else inconspicuous. It looks dorky to have a USB stick permanently inserted in the console just to have one's go-to tunes always available.

(Sorry for OT message in thread about 7.0 beta launch date)

I'd be satisfied with a USB port concealed in the trunk or somewhere else inconspicuous. It looks dorky to have a USB stick permanently inserted in the console just to have one's go-to tunes always available.

(Sorry for OT message in thread about 7.0 beta launch date)

Continuing the apologies for OTness, will try to resist keeping it going.... Have you considered looking for a smaller flash drive? There are some that barely stick out of the port, for example: Kingston DataTraveler Micro - USB flash drive - 8 GB - DTMCK/8GB - USB Thumb Drives - CDW.com