Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When does version 7.0 beta come out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Returning to the on-topic discussion, check out this post from a different thread:

I got an email yesterday to schedule a demo of the autopilot feature. It looks like it will be available pretty soon.
The post is not detailed at all, so I'm not sure too much should be read into it.
Also, the poster only has 3 posts to his/her name over the span of nearly a year, so take it with a grain of salt, but I thought I'd share it here as well.

EDIT: never mind... here's an update that was posted there at exactly the same time as mine here:

I think you are right. I may have been reading too much into it. Just says "now with Autopilot features", so its probably just TACC.

I'd be satisfied with a USB port concealed in the trunk or somewhere else inconspicuous. It looks dorky to have a USB stick permanently inserted in the console just to have one's go-to tunes always available.

(Sorry for OT message in thread about 7.0 beta launch date)

not that this solves the problem but, maybe this could help you. It's very small and discrete

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 16GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-016G-B35: Amazon.ca: Computers Tablets

That's what I use also and you wouldn't even notice it unless you know to look for it.

That's the same one I use. The problem is that I do know to look for it. :| Tesla's designers minimized the number of physical UI affordances in the car's interior, and I love that aesthetic. So it's a shame that they allowed a design element where standard use of a standard feature requires a clunky deviation from the overall interior design's ideal.

It's not a big deal to me, but I wish I could keep my car's interior completely stock and clean without giving up an important feature.

I do agree with you. Don't have my tesla yet (on order) but think it's a shame there is no alternative. My 2004 Mercedes even has a Harddisk built in for movies and accepts SD cards that are practically invisible....

I do agree with you. Don't have my tesla yet (on order) but think it's a shame there is no alternative. My 2004 Mercedes even has a Harddisk built in for movies and accepts SD cards that are practically invisible....
Exactly... my '09 did as well. Simple in the scheme of things, and not a deal-breaker for cost either IMHO. It wouldn't take too many gigs of storage to accommodate most people's music collection - even in FLAC. An SD slot would be nice too... hide it in the glove box. For that matter, put the USB ports in the glove box...

Continuing the OT-ness, you can easily "remote" one or both of your USB ports to the glovebox or anywhere else. There are two mini-USB connectors located behind the center kick panel on the passenger side, you can simply unplug one of these and plug a USB A Female to Mini USB Male adapter in there and leave the stick hidden behind the kick panel. (just snaps off) Or add an extension and route it into the glovebox. There's also 12v there, so I added an adapter that charges my cellphone at high speed to the now disused USB port on the console.

Still no mention of the software upgrade? It was supposed to be released in June. Here we are, the middle of July and not a peep?

Elon said it *may* be released in late-June to beta customers, if all goes well. Beta customers, which are part of the "early access" program, are under NDA and cannot share any information publicly (which includes this forum), so we unfortunately don't know if they got lane keeping and/or self-parking features yet.

Elon said it *may* be released in late-June to beta customers, if all goes well. Beta customers, which are part of the "early access" program, are under NDA and cannot share any information publicly (which includes this forum), so we unfortunately don't know if they got lane keeping and/or self-parking features yet.

What Early Access Program? Is there such a thing?

I would have thought that TM would want to make two separate announcements out of the software upgrade and the reveal of the MX and/or opening the design studio. The time is getting so compressed now, it almost seems like they will occur together. I would expect they would want both announcements out before the quarterly earnings report on July 29.

Last edited:
i would have thought that TMC would want to make two separate announcements out of the software upgrade and the reveal of the MX and/or opening the design studio. The time is getting so compressed now, it almost seems like they will occur together. I would expect they would want both announcements out before the quarterly earnings report on July 29.
So as not to confuse people, remember TMC is this forum. Tesla Motors is TM.

From today's call:

I'll say, perception as a new buyer that bought with all the cool features advertised on site, paid for autopilot of course, etc. This feels completely late at this time. The truth is, we, general public don't have it - you can test all you want for another year, but it is late. Yes, late. Won't defend the company on this one.

Deliver on previous promises before announcing all these new cool things - sheesh.

From today's call:

This from Transport Evolved:

Meanwhile, Tesla’s system 7.0 upgrade — which will be available as an over-the-air update for all existing cars — is now in its final stages of testing, with Musk reporting that he’s testing prototype versions of the new operating software on his own personal car every few days.

It's obviously not final yet and if it's still being tested by Elon I'd take it that it's not been released to the Beta user group yet either. Assuming that Tesla does do a release to the beta group first then I'm guessing that the general release could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months out. Good news is that it's deinfitely coming, bad news is that at least some patience is still required.

Got notification of a pending update today. Currently 6.2 (2.4.239) since 6/5/2015.

There are things that need fixing. Navigation more often than not fails to draw blue lines on map for current route. Took friends (also Tesla admirers) to lunch yesterday and set destination for a UPS store. Codec got stuck in infinite loop trying to announce routing instructions. One big long Max Headroom hiccup. Got to use the example to point out to my friends how the turn signal click was synthesized through the sound system because there was no turn signal audio feedback when the stuttering navigation voice was stuck. Meanwhile I was trying button combinations to find the right pair to reset the center console, which finally cleared the codec infinite loop.