Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When doing auto park, will it stop if ppl walk by or car goes by?

ZooSean

ZOO
Feb 16, 2018
Markham, Canada
I was practicing my Auto reverse Park today, and step the brake because I have seen ppl goes by, and afraid the Tesla will hit them. I have to click resume to continue the process. Will Tesla auto stop if I did not press brake?

JeffK

Apr 27, 2016
Indianapolis
I was practicing my Auto reverse Park today, and step the brake because I have seen ppl goes by, and afraid the Tesla will hit them. I have to click resume to continue the process. Will Tesla auto stop if I did not press brake?
Although it should stop if it detects them with the ultrasonics, you are still 100% responsible. It's probably in your best interest to keep an eye on it just as you're doing.

qg7dx11.png

Mar 1, 2015
Melbourne
I have had AutoPark pause due to a passing car.

Having said that, my foot is constantly hovering above the brake pedal and I will pause the sequence if there is *anything* about the AutoPark I am unsure of. (eg if it is behaving in any way other than parking slowly and carefully).

It is easy enough to resume for false alarms.

fseir

May 1, 2016
Honolulu
I tried using auto park for the first time, last week, outside the Tesla service center. The parallel spot was along a chain link fence, and it started moving so fast, I canceled it by braking, because I was afraid it wouldn’t see the fence. Does anyone know if the ultrasonics are good enough to resolve chain link??

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I tried using auto park for the first time, last week, outside the Tesla service center. The parallel spot was along a chain link fence, and it started moving so fast, I canceled it by braking, because I was afraid it wouldn’t see the fence. Does anyone know if the ultrasonics are good enough to resolve chain link??

I’ve backed into spots where there is a chain link fence behind the spot. My Model 3 detected and gave proper distance range to the fence without any problems.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC