TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

When doing auto park, will it stop if ppl walk by or car goes by?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ZooSean, Jun 3, 2018.

1. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

I was practicing my Auto reverse Park today, and step the brake because I have seen ppl goes by, and afraid the Tesla will hit them. I have to click resume to continue the process. Will Tesla auto stop if I did not press brake?

2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Although it should stop if it detects them with the ultrasonics, you are still 100% responsible. It's probably in your best interest to keep an eye on it just as you're doing.

[​IMG]

3. MrAustraliaTax

I have had AutoPark pause due to a passing car.

Having said that, my foot is constantly hovering above the brake pedal and I will pause the sequence if there is *anything* about the AutoPark I am unsure of. (eg if it is behaving in any way other than parking slowly and carefully).

It is easy enough to resume for false alarms.

4. richrootes

richrootes Member

Yes it should pause - mine has done this several times when people have walked close by

5. fr100

fr100 Member

6. JADCa

JADCa Member

Yes it should but you should intervene just in case. Never assume things will work in life threatening situations.

7. fseir

fseir Member

I tried using auto park for the first time, last week, outside the Tesla service center. The parallel spot was along a chain link fence, and it started moving so fast, I canceled it by braking, because I was afraid it wouldn’t see the fence. Does anyone know if the ultrasonics are good enough to resolve chain link??

8. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

I’ve backed into spots where there is a chain link fence behind the spot. My Model 3 detected and gave proper distance range to the fence without any problems.

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1