Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Hillary Clinton Is President

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I doubt she will energize the base enough to sufficient change the make-up of Congress in order to pass anything of real substance.

I think Bernie would have been able to change the makeup of congress.

Bernie supporters are people who generally doesn't vote, and if they turn up by the millions, there are enough seats up for re-election that it would make a substantial difference. Hillary supporters are people who generally do vote, however, it's actually pretty irrelevant who you run in her position, as those are at the same time also voters that are vehemently anti-Trump. You can run O.J. Simpson in her position and get the same turnout. Thus Bernie = Bernie + Hillary. Hillary is just Hillary.

Yeah, there are significant differences between Bernie & Hillary, so the GOP would be very anti-Bernie - rightly so, but they've also been given the message that Hillary is evil for so long now, that Hillary is even more hated than Bernie is at this point. So you wouldn't get any extra turnout on the right just from running Bernie over Hillary.

I don't specifically agree with Bernie's economic policies, but he would have been able to form a government that isn't deadlocked and can actually get stuff done for a change. Sure I'll pay some more taxes, but I'll take that for a few years if that means we can have meaningful energy policy reform enacted.

As it is... eh... she's not Trump. I'll take that.

WITHOUT POLITICIZING this thread, although it is true that especially in the past two dozen years those inhabiting the Executive branch - Republicans and Democrats alike - have been promulgating their desires more and more through Executive Actions and through regulatory action rather than through ever-more-difficult-to-achieve legislative action through Congressional channels, I think it incumbent on all when considering actions like those mentioned in the OP to consider the makeup and demeanor of both the Senate and even more importantly, the House.

BTW: how was that for one single multi-claused sentence? :) And on edit....while I was crafting it, Deonb snuck in with a similar point.

Not really more on executive actions. Every President’s Executive Orders In One Chart

Way more in the 70s and earlier.

One should really look at the specific actions. I believe the difference today is that EA's are being used to subvert the will of Congress. In the past EA's were simpler bureaucratic expedients that did not address serious and meaningful issues of the day.

Simply counting the numbers is meaningless.

Please keep your comments in the future to the impact of a possible Clinton presidency on EVs and Tesla, and do not resort to partisan bickering. Otherwise this thread will be banished to Off Topic and locked. This is your only warning.

• Funny
Reactions: bredi
Do you think she will promote a new, incremental fuel tax that will go toward an increase in EV incentives? This would go a long way toward making EVs more attractive to prospective buyers.

She can do both, if she wants to. Make fossil fuels more expensive, so that fiscal incentives to buy EVs can be continued AND help to keep shale oil exploiters in the U.S. to stay in business. One of the measures she can take, is do a markup on cheap import oil. What Saudi Arabia does, is price dumping, to hurt the U.S. shale oil business.