Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When I tried charging at the hotel, this is what happened

When I tried charging at the hotel, this is what happened (pick as many as apply):

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've talked to a few people at the front desk of hotels, and they often say the chargers are rarely used at all. So for now, I wouldn't worry a bit.
like everything else this is location dependent. however I regularly stay at a hotel with two HPWC units and one generic L2 unit and there have been times when there are more than three teslas at that location. the moral to the story is that if you arrive at a location needing a charge and thinking that you guaranteed to get a charge you might be out of luck. it is always wise to have a backup located when travelling.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
Here is a snapshot of the polling, Aug. 24. The sample set is biased by 'fans', that passionately follow TMC. Further, biases/errors stem from there being potentially plural votes for each one who contributes to the data (up to 3 are permitted). I'm inclined to add a fudge factor to enlarge the "no EVs compete" and the green, ">0 others charging", to account for the likelihood that, for each who voted in those categories, many encountered the situation many times over. Until then, here is the raw numbers, in a chart.

Hotel.png

Here is the current distribution of stalls in the Tesla Destinations:
WC......# of instances in Tesla
count...DB

Note, right column is the count of sites that exhibit the same count of stalls. I was surprised to find a hotel with 8 stalls along a route I'm intending to travel. I'm even more surprised, after just running the query, that there are a few places with a bunch more than 8. Incidentally, I queried for up to 25 stalls, and found none present at a single address. There seems to be a 3 to 1 ratio of stalls that are present at a multi-stall destination. I don't know about you folks, but I'm nervous about staying at a hotel with a single WC stall -- since all it takes is a) for it to be broken; b) it to be ICEd or c) another Tesla to be charging, to make a convenience an annoyance.