Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is First Scheduled Maintenance for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 for about 2 and a half years (25,000 miles), and I still haven't been contacted about being due for any sort of scheduled maintenance. Does anyone know what the recommended timetable is for scheduled maintenances for my car?

Also, what's the recommended mileage for a set of tires? If it matters, I drive pretty normally (not super-sporty, but not super-conservative either). Thanks.

and I still haven't been contacted about being due for any sort of scheduled maintenance
They are too busy working on panel gaps for new cars :)

---

From the manual: https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/model_3_owners_manual_north_america_en.pdf
Page 163

1617466935853.png

---

1617466977233.png

Regardless of what Tesla considers necessary, I decided to take my car to the shop to have the brakes cleaned. This may be pointless in many parts of the world, but here in Ontario they use a lot of salt during the winter. I figured it might not be a bad idea after two winters. Costs were slightly below $100 CAD at a local shop. Brake pads and disks are still in excellent condition, but according to the mechanic it probably wasn't a bad idea to have the brakes cleaned.

Other than that there's really not much to do in terms of maintenance.

There isnt a recommended maintenance schedule for model 3s any longer. As for tires, you need to check (or have someone check for you) the tread depth.
I don't know if that's actually what's in Tesla's manuals but I can tell you that if you do not replace brake fluid at least every three years and probably every two years in a high/average humidity environment you will regret it. Or perhaps if you sell the car after five or six years the new owner will regret your lack of maintenance.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I don't know if that's actually what's in Tesla's manuals but I can tell you that if you do not replace brake fluid at least every three years and probably every two years in a high/average humidity environment you will regret it. Or perhaps if you sell the car after five or six years the new owner will regret your lack of maintenance.
That was literally addressed just two posts above yours...

There isnt a recommended maintenance schedule for model 3s any longer. As for tires, you need to check (or have someone check for you) the tread depth.
Funny story, I had a mobile service ranger come out to replace the taillight on my M3P this week (it was blinking fast and throwing reset errors on the display). After he did that in 5 minutes, he very diligently measured recorded the inner, middle and outer tread depth on each of the 4 tires independently.

He then proceed to get out a compressor and air the tires up to the factory recommended (from 41.5 to 43).

Now for the funny part - the car has 200 miles on the ODO!

Reactions: tstolze and house9
Funny story, I had a mobile service ranger come out to replace the taillight on my M3P this week (it was blinking fast and throwing reset errors on the display). After he did that in 5 minutes, he very diligently measured recorded the inner, middle and outer tread depth on each of the 4 tires independently.

He then proceed to get out a compressor and air the tires up to the factory recommended (from 41.5 to 43).

They fill the tires every time they touch the the car in california. Not sure if this is the same everywhere.

Sounds like my kind of guy.

I obsessively check tread depth and air pressure in the tires. Luckily the air pressure check is literally a 2 second endeavor on the Model 3. I rotate my tires every 5000 miles regardless, it's really easy if you have the right tools.

Regardless of what Tesla considers necessary, I decided to take my car to the shop to have the brakes cleaned. This may be pointless in many parts of the world, but here in Ontario they use a lot of salt during the winter. I figured it might not be a bad idea after two winters. Costs were slightly below $100 CAD at a local shop. Brake pads and disks are still in excellent condition, but according to the mechanic it probably wasn't a bad idea to have the brakes cleaned.

Other than that there's really not much to do in terms of maintenance.

the manual does say you should do that if you live in places where road salt gets used in the winter. clean and lubricate calipers every.... cant remember 1 or 2 years or 20k km.

Last edited:
Reactions: house9
I'm really looking forward to not having to go into the dealership for oil changes anymore
That's just one of the many benefits that we never clearly understood were benefits until we owned the car for a while. The biggest one is never having to go to a gas station and pump an explosive fluid into the tank of your car. Who knew that we hated gas stations?

Reactions: house9