Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

when is good time to swap to all season tire from winter tire ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any suggestions on where to swap winter tires in the GTA now or are we stuck with them??
Just got my tire swap done at KalTire in Milton.

1. The fee for the brake service is now $120 + tax. It's still cheaper than what Tesla charges (I think they charge $175+tax). I remember reading a couple of posts on here in the past that they charge $55 for the brake service. No idea when their price went up.
  2. My tires were not inflated to 45 psi, so my dash has the pressure low warning. This was a bit surprising as they work on Tesla's quite a bit. Anyway I can fix this easily later tonight at home
I was in and out of there in 90 mins. Other than the above two observations, every thing else was great.

I was outside barbecuing on my Kamado, during the flurries. They did not stick one iota in my neck of the woods. I’ve been on my 3 season tires for over a month and couldn’t be happier (although it’s not like I am really driving now either).

I finally swapped my tires today. I know the aero cap can cause some rubbing on the rim itself, but this seems excessive for only 7000km. It's on every rim and pretty much all the way around. These are the replica aero rims. Maybe the fit isn't as good at the genuine Tesla ones.

Not that it makes a difference because in the winter I use the covers, but it is disappointing none the less.
IMG_0563.jpg

I finally swapped my tires today. I know the aero cap can cause some rubbing on the rim itself, but this seems excessive for only 7000km. It's on every rim and pretty much all the way around. These are the replica aero rims. Maybe the fit isn't as good at the genuine Tesla ones.

Not that it makes a difference because in the winter I use the covers, but it is disappointing none the less. View attachment 534003

Yes, I have these marks all around on all four aero rims.

I'm going to nerd out for a second. winter tires are recommended when the temp is below 8C. So, you want to wait till the average temperature is about 8 or more before switching. If you dig into the normal climate temperatures for your location, you can find the optimal time (historically) to switch. For me, in Burlington ON, it's about May 1st and November 1st.

If you click the View DataSet button, you can get a closer look at when snow generally falls, too.