Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is Tesla gonna start producing for U.S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't know you can have an issues with something that doesn't even exist yet. What has that go to do with anything? Just because I don't dive to the "worst possible scenario" does not make me an optimist. It makes me a realist.

I also don't immediately assume any and everything coming from a Tesla employee as a lie or deliberate attempt to fool us. I don't make blanket assumptions that Tesla "doesn't care" or "treats us like dirt". So when a person who is in a position to know, one that I've come to trust, tells me something, I don't assume that it's false and misleading. "Transition" is just that and there is zero reason to believe otherwise.

I'm fully prepared for major issues, but I don't assume them either.
Well, Tesla treating us like dirt is a fact, not an assumption! It has and does happen -often.

Assuming that Tesla will screw things up - yes, part of that is me. I’m a glass half empty kind of person. I hear about 20 different things from Tesla people over the past month and a half - and I just can’t believe it anymore.

You have to admit that Tesla has brought the word “chaos” to a whole different meaning these days. I’ve experienced it myself. I can’t pick up my car on a Wednesday and Tesla tells me that I cant have the car if I wait until Thursday. It was the beginning of this quarter - and they couldn’t give me a day or two?

So waiting for car #2 makes me far more skeptical than most. I’ll still do it, but I’ve experienced what can happen. I hope you can see why I feel the way I do.

Finally, if the sales/delivery staff were seasoned professionals I would be more confident. They used to get a $100 commission per car, now they get nothing. Tesla needs to cut us slack somewhere. We are the buyers - and not trained chimps!

Reactions: skydreamerjae
Well, Tesla treating us like dirt is a fact, not an assumption! It has and does happen -often.

Assuming that Tesla will screw things up - yes, part of that is me. I’m a glass half empty kind of person. I hear about 20 different things from Tesla people over the past month and a half - and I just can’t believe it anymore.

You have to admit that Tesla has brought the word “chaos” to a whole different meaning these days. I’ve experienced it myself. I can’t pick up my car on a Wednesday and Tesla tells me that I cant have the car if I wait until Thursday. It was the beginning of this quarter - and they couldn’t give me a day or two?

So waiting for car #2 makes me far more skeptical than most. I’ll still do it, but I’ve experienced what can happen. I hope you can see why I feel the way I do.

Finally, if the sales/delivery staff were seasoned professionals I would be more confident. They used to get a $100 commission per car, now they get nothing. Tesla needs to cut us slack somewhere. We are the buyers - and not trained chimps!

I understand your skepticism, and don't debate that it isn't warranted.

However, thus far Tesla has NOT treated ME like dirt. In fact, everyone I've talked to at Tesla about this has been helpful and informative (to the extent they can be). And this includes lengthy experiences with Tesla Energy. I can only go by what I know and have personally experienced. So no, dirt treatment is not a universal fact, and there are posts here that prove it.

Sure, I've read the same posts as you listing problems. Some are quite scary. I have also read many posts where the opposite is true. You probably won't find many in this section about ordering and delivery. I see more delivery experiences in FB groups.

As always, bad experiences get reported way more often than positive experiences. It's human nature.

Let's hope that all goes well with your delivery and you can come back here and share it. It's a very distinct possibility, even with the glass being half empty.

I understand your skepticism, and don't debate that it isn't warranted.

However, thus far Tesla has NOT treated ME like dirt. In fact, everyone I've talked to at Tesla about this has been helpful and informative (to the extent they can be). And this includes lengthy experiences with Tesla Energy. I can only go by what I know and have personally experienced. So no, dirt treatment is not a universal fact, and there are posts here that prove it.

Sure, I've read the same posts as you listing problems. Some are quite scary. I have also read many posts where the opposite is true. You probably won't find many in this section about ordering and delivery. I see more delivery experiences in FB groups.

As always, bad experiences get reported way more often than positive experiences. It's human nature.

Let's hope that all goes well with your delivery and you can come back here and share it. It's a very distinct possibility, even with the glass being half empty.

Agreed. I just look at EOQ (or X-mas) with 5-10 minute deliveries and cringe. That's just me. A few months from now, we'll laugh.

But having been lost in the system not that long ago (1st week in October), I can't count on anything for my own sanity.

I'm even checking out ICE cars as a backup. (BMW 3 series, Audi A4 or A6, maybe Mercedes C- AMG). I mean 2 strikes and I give up. If not December, then it looks like march. Too I've already got December full of dates on which I cannot be available to pick up a car. It's going to be a real tight one. We all have other things going on in our lives.

Lets hope all goes well for everyone. I'm just not hearing much on these forums about VINs and deliveries lately. Most of them are Canadians with a long backlog.

It seems that Long Range got preference over SR+. I ordered mine on 10/27 in Aventura and have yet to receive a VIN. Did you get a VIN? And when?
Got a VIN this week pop up o the manage page but honestly not sure how long its been there ad we haven't been looking daily either and a call today confirming pickup this weekend.

Looks like LR got preference. I ordered SR+ black interior in the Orlando area on 10/19 and still haven't heard a thing. I wonder if there are any other Florida people on here that could give us all some feedback.
Not sure how they do it but we ordered online if it makes a difference.

400 Model 3s per day for the US market is an okay pace. If 7,000 units are built per week, that’s only 40% for the US market and 60% for export. I’m really hoping he forgot an extra zero and meant to type, “batches of around 4,000...”

I was thinking the same thing. Hoping it’s 4000.

400 per day is 2800 per week. Tesla delivered ~47,000 Model 3’s in USA last quarter. Figure at least 50k this quarter. There are 47 days left this year, figure 50 if they started Monday. That’s a 1000 Model 3s a day! So 7k per week seems about right. And they've already booked some USA sales this quarter.

Only Tesla knows for sure.

Reactions: tren01t
400 Model 3s per day for the US market is an okay pace. If 7,000 units are built per week, that’s only 40% for the US market and 60% for export. I’m really hoping he forgot an extra zero and meant to type, “batches of around 4,000...”
We don't know how many Teslas were ordered and are being ordered. Yes, 400 (per week?) seems small, but that number could change. At some point in early December, it would be too late to deliver to overseas customers and Tesla could end up with a lot of undelivered cars on ships and in customs. Tesla may shift over to a much higher percentage of US cars in December. It would make sense, unfortunately.

We don't even know if the person making those posts is for real. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. It's going to be a long 6 weeks or so!