Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When is Tesla gonna start producing for U.S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking the same thing. Hoping it’s 4000.

400 per day is 2800 per week. Tesla delivered ~47,000 Model 3’s in USA last quarter. Figure at least 50k this quarter. There are 47 days left this year, figure 50 if they started Monday. That’s a 1000 Model 3s a day! So 7k per week seems about right. And they've already booked some USA sales this quarter.

Only Tesla knows for sure.
I think you are right. 400 per day would be 2800 per week. If cars are being delivered in east coast, then this has to have been going on for a few weeks or so.

At some point in December (as I posted above), Tesla cannot ship overseas without risking being stuck with lots of cars on ships and in customs, etc. In December it could turn to 100% USA model 3s.

But, as you say, "only Tesla knows for sure." Buckle up and prepare for a 6-7 weeks or so. There are 6 1/2 weeks left in Q4.

Reactions: Haeffelin
Yeah, a thousand Model 3s per week would be great, not sure if Tesla is there yet.

Taking into account travel times to Europe, delays at the canal (common), customs, delivery to individual countries, and the holidays, I have to guess USA production has already commenced. If so, we should see a slew of VINS soon.

We don't know how many Teslas were ordered and are being ordered. Yes, 400 (per week?) seems small, but that number could change. At some point in early December, it would be too late to deliver to overseas customers and Tesla could end up with a lot of undelivered cars on ships and in customs. Tesla may shift over to a much higher percentage of US cars in December. It would make sense, unfortunately.

We don't even know if the person making those posts is for real. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. It's going to be a long 6 weeks or so!
I feel like they have started doing US only production just yet, but should be any day now. Don’t feel like a lot of people are getting their cars

Yeah, a thousand Model 3s per week would be great, not sure if Tesla is there yet.

Taking into account travel times to Europe, delays at the canal (common), customs, delivery to individual countries, and the holidays, I have to guess USA production has already commenced. If so, we should see a slew of VINS soon.
Tesla should be at 5,000 model 3s a week. They’ve been producing at that level for a good portion of this year

Reactions: tren01t
Also been having issues with website, showing car in wrong colour on the account page and manage page no longer shows car but displays model S and model X demo and purchase request instead. This has been hit and miss last night. Hope they are not removing the ability to see the vin in the source!!

Also been having issues with website, showing car in wrong colour on the account page and manage page no longer shows car but displays model S and model X demo and purchase request instead. This has been hit and miss last night. Hope they are not removing the ability to see the vin in the source!!
Why would it matter? It'll still show up when its meant too.

Holy cow you're right! LOL just logged into my account to see if my car color changed, and it's blue (looks nice, i'll still take it, just don't charge me!)! LOL wow oh well... let's see what happens.

Clicking on Manage is taking forever to load...

While it's loading, I F12'd it and then clicking on Manage throws an error in the console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'deploymentId' of undefined

Maybe they were working on something and published it without properly testing.

The page refreshed, my car color white again.

Last edited:
Hey boys, those of us that may be sick of waiting, go buy this one! I ordered Grey/White P3, really want the white.

Attachments

• F316616F-9DD4-4DDC-9E64-2EA247F7A6E4.png
    F316616F-9DD4-4DDC-9E64-2EA247F7A6E4.png
    385.8 KB · Views: 99
I ordered the "default" Model 3 (SR+, white, 18" aero wheels) online October 4th after going to a Tesla Store and sitting in the driver's seat of a display Model 3. (I had ridden in one twice, briefly.) Was not prepared to be as taken with the cockpit experience as I was. It felt serene. More ergonomic than my other cars. I never felt remotely serene when trying to buy a car at a dealership. Awful--stupid games and long waits to wear one down. A totally untrustworthy experience. A Tesla employee answered my questions. After I said I definitely intended to buy one, we exchanged emails. I was to send my RN when I got it.

I was told to order right away for the then advertised two-week delivery date because resources were being directed to the opening of Shanghai factory. I ordered that evening. Was given some directions as far as completing the order as much as I could without showing my driver's license, insurance cars, title for trade in. With the scanned documents, an Order Agreement was completed for me. The trade-in value is shown on the Order Agreement. I doubt it will change. Seems we have some sort of contract. The price was subsequently raised by $500, and the range increased by 10 miles. I assume that by waiting, I will get a more "current" version of the car at the price I agreed to when I ordered the car, but the agreement is not the final contract.

On the plus side, with more manufacturing experience, the car's build only gets better. Tesla learns and tweaks.
My concern was not getting the car by the end of the year and thus losing the Federal tax credit. I checked with my contact at the Store and was told that the delivery times had changed for everyone. I would receive delivery of my car December 15 - 30th. I live near Fremont, but should get it earlier in the range because I was in the queue earlier. This evening I received an invitation to an Owner's Workshop. I am asked to bring Driver's License, Insurance card, and for a trade-in vehicle--the title and current registration card. Tesla advisors will help me complete my Tesla Account and be prepared for my delivery appointment. So attending this gathering is a way to expedite the delivery process. I've had six weeks to learn about the car, order/receive items from the Tesla Store, learn about Sentry Mode and format my USB device (simple), watch a lot of videos, read the owner's manual. I've read that often the planning and anticipation of a vacation surpass the actual vacation, but I'm expecting the Model 3 to be more than worth the wait.

I ordered the "default" Model 3 (SR+, white, 18" aero wheels) online October 4th after going to a Tesla Store and sitting in the driver's seat of a display Model 3. (I had ridden in one twice, briefly.) Was not prepared to be as taken with the cockpit experience as I was. It felt serene. More ergonomic than my other cars. I never felt remotely serene when trying to buy a car at a dealership. Awful--stupid games and long waits to wear one down. A totally untrustworthy experience. A Tesla employee answered my questions. After I said I definitely intended to buy one, we exchanged emails. I was to send my RN when I got it.

I was told to order right away for the then advertised two-week delivery date because resources were being directed to the opening of Shanghai factory. I ordered that evening. Was given some directions as far as completing the order as much as I could without showing my driver's license, insurance cars, title for trade in. With the scanned documents, an Order Agreement was completed for me. The trade-in value is shown on the Order Agreement. I doubt it will change. Seems we have some sort of contract. The price was subsequently raised by $500, and the range increased by 10 miles. I assume that by waiting, I will get a more "current" version of the car at the price I agreed to when I ordered the car, but the agreement is not the final contract.

On the plus side, with more manufacturing experience, the car's build only gets better. Tesla learns and tweaks.
My concern was not getting the car by the end of the year and thus losing the Federal tax credit. I checked with my contact at the Store and was told that the delivery times had changed for everyone. I would receive delivery of my car December 15 - 30th. I live near Fremont, but should get it earlier in the range because I was in the queue earlier. This evening I received an invitation to an Owner's Workshop. I am asked to bring Driver's License, Insurance card, and for a trade-in vehicle--the title and current registration card. Tesla advisors will help me complete my Tesla Account and be prepared for my delivery appointment. So attending this gathering is a way to expedite the delivery process. I've had six weeks to learn about the car, order/receive items from the Tesla Store, learn about Sentry Mode and format my USB device (simple), watch a lot of videos, read the owner's manual. I've read that often the planning and anticipation of a vacation surpass the actual vacation, but I'm expecting the Model 3 to be more than worth the wait.
I don't know how true this is but our delivery person told us that standard versions, meaning the lowest model, white, black interior, regular wheels, were taking way longer than if you opted to get upgrades on it due to there were so many of those orders. Again, i dont know how true it is but we only waited 3 weeks for ours, had different color, upgraded wheel and premium LR.